Legislative Tracking Advisor(594 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
Legislative Tracking Advisor with LCB Section
|Date Posted:||16 Oct 2016||Reference:||JSSP-LCB-146|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical and drafting assistance to Afghan and international organization with a criminal law/justice-related nexus that are not currently being assisted by other international organizations.
2. For any new criminal justice- related legislation pending before Parliament, prepare a detailed briefing on how the law will impact the current justice system, and conduct lunch briefings for relevant organizations.
3. Prepare detailed briefings for JSSP chain of command and INL on pending legislation and key legislators.
4. Develop training materials on proposed legislation, as appropriate.
5. Build awareness of criminal law and justice-related legislative proposals.
6. Provide regular work activity reporting.
7. Maintain current knowledge of national Priority program (NPP), National Justice Sector Strategy (NJSS), Ministerial Strategies, Ministerial Policies, INL’s Mission in Rule of Law Objectives, and other significant documents related to pending legislation.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Legislative Capacity Building (LCB) Section Lead, AN Legislative Tracking Advisor, Technical Director, Deputy Chief of Team and Chief of Team.
1. Knowledge of legislative procedure.
2. Knowledge of legislative drafting.
3. Knowledge of Afghanistan government structure.
4. Knowledge of international treaties, conventions and protocols acceded to by Afghanistan.
5. Good understanding of capacity building and transition in Afghan justice institutions.
6. Knowledge and understanding of training and mentoring in the justice sector development process.
7. Knowledge of current HR trends and best practices.
1. Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the organization.
2. Excellent written and oral English.
3. Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
5. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
6. Deadline oriented.
7. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
8. Development and management of an effective and motivated team.
9. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload
1. Bachelor’s degree from Law and Political Science or Sharia Faculty from and accredited university.
2. Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
3. Five years of work experience with at least two years of experience working with legislative bodies as liaison or as an advisor.
4. Excellent administrative and communications skills.
5. Experience working in cross-cultural environments.
6. Experience in training and mentoring government official is preferred.
7. Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the organization.
8. Excellent written and oral English.
9. Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
11. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
12. Deadline oriented.
13. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
14. Development and management of an effective and motivated team.
15. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies NO later than October 23, 2016.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Legislative Tracking Advisor-JSSP-LCB-146) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|COUNTRY ADVISOR at Resolute Support||Kabul||31 Mar 2017|