Criminal Law Reform Working Group (CLRWG) Advisor(1075 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
CLRWG Advisor with LCB Section
|Date Posted:||16 Oct 2016||Reference:||JSSP-LCB-147|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Represent JSSP in Criminal Law Reform Working Group (CLRWG) meetings and providing legal advice.
2. Provide legal analysis and research and assist members of Taqnin in drafting criminal provisions.
3. Translate documents from English to Dari/Pashto or vice versa using proper legal terminology, paying attention to detail, and ensuring complete translation of entire documents.
4. Interpret for international justice advisors in meetings, workshops, seminars and trainings using proper legal terminology and accuracy.
5. File reports for activities and accomplishments on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, or as otherwise assigned.
6. Represent JSSP in Technical Gender Working Group (TGWG) meeting to consider the gender perspective in the law reform process.
7. Establish and maintain relationship with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, local government officials; police and prosecutors; international organizations involved in the justice sector; Afghan organizations involved in the justice sector; and customary and traditional law actors.
8. Represent JSSP in the conferences, seminars and workshops and prepare the reports.
9. Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL, PAE, and the US Embassy.
10. Assist Taqnin in drafting and amending laws, legislations and guidelines. 11. Liaise with other offices and coordinate activities to achieve established objectives.
12. Provide regular reporting on work activities or other reports required by the Section Lead, Deputy Section Lead and Section Lead Mentor and CLRWG Justice Advisor.
13. Draft the minutes of meeting, workshops and conferences.
14. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Legislative Capacity Building (LCB) Section Lead, Deputy Section Lead, CLRWG Justice Advisor, Technical Director, Deputy Chief of Team and Chief of Team.
1. Knowledge of legal English terminology.
2. Knowledge of current trends in translating legislative documents.
3. Knowledge of legislative procedure.
4. Knowledge of legislative drafting.
5. Knowledge of Afghanistan government structure.
6. Knowledge of international treaties, conventions, laws and protocols acceded to by Afghanistan.
7. Knowledge and understanding of training and mentoring in the justice sector development process.
1. Minimum Bachelor’s degree required in Law, Sharia, or in a related field.
2. Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
3. Demonstrated professional maturity and good interpersonal skills for teamwork, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
5. Experience in giving presentations.
6. Experience working in cross-cultural environments.
7. Ability to meet deadlines.
8. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the organization.
9. Excellent written and oral English.
10. Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
11. Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
12. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
13. Deadline oriented.
14. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
15. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies NO later than October 23, 2016.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (CLRWG Advisor-JSSP-LCB-147) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!