Sewerage and Wastewater Design Engineer(805 Views)
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows:
1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment.
2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices.
3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region.
4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for an Assistance Wastewater Design Engineer to play active role in Infrastructure Planning and Design division and contribute in managing and preparation of multidisciplinary tasks for achieving the strategic goals of CRIDA on objective basis.
Reporting Line: The Assistance Wastewater Design engineer will report directly to the manager of Sewerage Department and Deputy/Director of Infrastructure Planning and Design Division.
|Date Posted:||16 Oct 2016||Reference:||CRIDA-035-2016|
|Closing Date:||26 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To prepare design document such as: design analysis, technical drawings, scope of work, specification, catalog, proposals and reports regarding sewer projects with the relevant codes and engineering practices.
• Prepare plan, section and detail drawings for various mechanical process systems. Drafting and final check of construction works with design drawing and makes As Build drawings.
• Working with a design team from initial studies and conceptual design through construction of sewer and treatment facilities. Field work and site visits from design through construction may be required.
• To assess the existing situation of sewer system in Capital Region and make a report including estimation of required piping and equipment for upgrading system for new demand.
• To maintain and update the design schedules for all sewer projects and prepare progress reports.
• To coordinate and interact with other CRIDA departments and consultants regarding sewer projects.
• Preparing bill of quantity of required material and equipment’s as per design drawings.
• Ensure drawing compliance with CRIDA’s CAD standards and styles. Create, manage and supervise the production of drawing submitting.
• To perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of practical experience management and design of sewer system. The experience should encompass hydraulic evaluations, conceptual/feasibility studies, preparation of design reports, development of construction drawings and specifications, bidding assistance, and support of office and field-related construction services.
• Education requirements are a B.S. degree in Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
• Must have experience in design of wastewater facilities with strong knowledge and background of treatment equipment and pumping systems.
• Candidates must possess excellent writing and communication skills and have a strong background in fluid mechanics-both open channel and pressurized piping networks.
• Excellent 2D AutoCAD and 3D AutoCAD skills required, and Civil 3D experience, highly desired. Experience with wastewater treatment plant modeling software packages is a plus.
• Good knowledge of code and standard relating to wastewater and ability to enforce them.
• Ability to present ideas and findings clearly and concisely in written oral or graphic form.
• Ability to plan, supervise and coordinate technical, operational and administrative activities and programs.
• Excellent writing and spoken Pashto, Dari and English are a plus.
• Able to work independently and under the stressful conditions
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
To apply for the above position, please email your application, together with an update CV before 26th Oct, 2016.
Human Resources Department
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
House # 214, Ansari 1st Street, 4th Precinct.
Solh Road, Haji Yaqoob Square
Kabul, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
CRIDA will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short-listed candidates.
Email: email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Road Estimation Engineer at State Corps||Kabul||10 Apr 2017|
|Project Manager - Vertical Structures at State Corps||Kabul||08 Apr 2017|
|Vertical Structures Estimator at State Corps||Kabul||07 Apr 2017|
|GIS Specialist at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||09 Apr 2017|
|Assistant Engineer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||09 Apr 2017|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||08 Apr 2017|
|Engineer, Technical Assistant (Civil) at Global Technology||Multi Cities||27 Mar 2017|
|Lead Engineer Assistant at Global Technology||Multi Cities||27 Mar 2017|
|Engineer, Technical Assistant (Mechanical) at Global Technology||Multi Cities||27 Mar 2017|
|Project Engineer Assistant (PE) at Global Technology||Multi Cities||27 Mar 2017|
|Engineering Technician Assistant at Global Technology||Multi Cities||27 Mar 2017|
|Solid Waste Management Specialist at Capital Region Independent Developme..||Kabul||24 Mar 2017|
|Construction/Irrigation & Monitoring Engineer at AAIP ( Ministry of Agric..||Multi Cities||25 Mar 2017|
|مدیر پروژه - میمنه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Se..||Faryab||25 Mar 2017|
|مدیر پروژه - سمنگان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Samangan||25 Mar 2017|
|مدیر پروژه - شبرغان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Jawzjan||25 Mar 2017|
|مدیر پروژه - چاریکار at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply an..||Parwan||25 Mar 2017|
|مدیر پروژه - فراه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewe..||Farah||22 Mar 2017|
|مدیر عمومی نقشه برداری و .. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Kabul||22 Mar 2017|
|Deputy Project Manager & QC(Quality Controlle.. at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construc..||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Water Supply Foreman at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Water Supply Foreman at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Project Manager at Da Maidan Zawahnono Construction Company (DMZCC)||Wardak||31 Mar 2017|
|project manager at Da Maidan Zawahnono Construction Company (DMZCC)||Multi Cities||31 Mar 2017|
|Site Engineer at PG Global Group||Multi Cities||31 May 2017|