Monitoring and Evaluation Manager(1075 Views)
About Asia Foundation
Strengthening Education for Afghanistan-II (SEA-II) is a six year education project working in the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels. Its goals are to increase the quality of primary and secondary education, improve access to education at all levels, and to create education programs that enable the Afghan youth to enter the work force. The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) in its implementation of this program works with local Implementing Partners (IP’s) that include NGO’s, government institutions, and Private organization. The project has just entered its third year of implementation.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager) will oversee a team of 10 M&E personnel that includes people in Kabul and in the field. His/her key overall responsibilities will include:
1. Implementation of a Performance Management Plan (PMP) that ensure that the project is on track for meeting its targets for indicators;
2. Build the project team’s and the IP’s M&E capacity to implement the PMP; and
3. Guide the M&E MIS team to develop systems that enable timely data collection, provide basic analytical reports, and ensure data integrity.
|Date Posted:||16 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA#51/2016|
|Closing Date:||31 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain an M&E Implementation plan that outlines key deliverables with dates.
• Manage a team of M&E officers, assigning responsibilities to match the needs of the different areas of the project, and ensure that activities are monitored and evaluated in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
• Work closely with the program team to ensure that targets are being met and that issues identified during routine evaluation are being addressed.
• Identify the M&E training needs of the team and the IP’s and implement training that meet these needs.
• Coach, train, and mentor the project and IP M&E Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity.
• Develop and implement a detailed approach for ensuring that M&E work in the field is meeting the needs of the program and is of high quality.
• Work with the Foundation’s MIS team to identify and implement opportunities for automating data collection and its interpretation.
• Work with the SEA-II and IP M&E teams to develop high quality reports that include weekly, quarterly, and M&E reports.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering or other relevant academic background.
• Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in the M&E field.
• Demonstrated experience in successful building of M&E capacity.
• Demonstrated experience in working with M&E MIS systems.
• Demonstrated experience in project planning and implementation.
• Experience in working on USAID projects.
• Experience in working with IP’s.
• Excellent report writing skills in English.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
• Must be willing to travel.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than October 31, 2016 to submission email. Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form ( Attached is the form) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Women are strongly encouraged to apply***
|More jobs in this category|
|Contracts Implementation Monitoring Specialis.. at National Procurement A..||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Director at Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Cli..||Kabul||08 Mar 2017|