Livestock Senior Monitoring Officer(628 Views)
About MISFA Ltd.
The Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) was set up in 2003 at the invitation of the Afghan government — to get donor coordination right from the start and avoid the counter-productive efforts that have emerged from conflicting donor objectives in other post-conflict situations. It was established as a vehicle through which the Afghan Government and international donors could channel technical assistance and funding to build Afghanistan’s microfinance sector. MISFA was the first facility of its kind, pooling diverse donor funding mechanisms and converting them into streamlined, flexible support to microfinance institutions in Afghanistan, tailored to local priorities and accompanied by technical assistance and strong performance monitoring.
MISFA’s mission is to contribute to Afghanistan’s economic growth by developing a viable, inclusive financial sector for the poor, and the underserved small and medium enterprises.
The overall responsibility of the position is to look at and provide technical support to the TUP program at MISFA. The incumbent shall also provide necessary support to the livestock component during TUP planning, execution and monitoring.
|Date Posted:||17 Oct 2016||Reference:||111|
|Closing Date:||30 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise the TUP implementation and coordinate the activities with the IPs, make sure that the provincial livestock monitoring officers are updated about any decisions adopted at central level.
• Prepare weekly plan for monitoring livestock officers after coordination with the IPs and make sure that they report on regular basis. The obstacles/challenges should be shared with IPs and it should be tracked on regular basis to avoid its repetition.
• Act as a focal point with the IPs, make sure that all the plans and reports are shared with MISFA regularly.
• Check the accuracy of the reports and update the staff members on regular basis.
• Assist the IPs to prepare plans for each of the TUP activities, and make sure that reporting mechanism is developed to assess it.
• Make sure the IPs have prepared plans for the vaccinations and feeding of the livestock and that the reports are submitted to MISFA on regular basis.
• In collaboration with service providers, identify required trainings and assist with the trainings implementation component of the projects and make sure that all the administrative and logistics requirements are met
• The Livestock monitoring senior officer will undertake regular visits to the Project area and submit field visit reports along with recommendations to the supervisor.
• Assist and provide technical assistance during policy manual revisions, and advice supervisor to adopt additional steps for effectiveness of the project.
• Participate in the required meetings, group meetings / discussions with the stakeholders.
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
• Strong report-writing skills in English, Dari and Pashto;
• Capacity to interact with policy planners, senior officials of government and donors is an advantage;
• Good analytical skills. Ability to present coherent and convincing positions both in writing and orally;
• Proven ability to effectively solve problems and respond quickly to changing environments;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities effectively,
• Able to travel extensively to the project sites;
• University degree in Livestock/Animal Husbandry or DVM,
• Knowledge and experience of livestock development (small holder farming), and implementation of projects.
• S/He will have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in livestock production and livestock development projects.
• Working experience with community-based organization will be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
The application package, only acceptable in English language, should, comprise of your latest up-to-date résumé and covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, indicating your remuneration & benefit expectations and earliest joining date, if selected.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Interested candidates should submit their application package only via email with the subject “Vacancy – Livestock Senior Monitoring Officer” Due to expectation of a large number of applications only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Specialist ICU at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||30 Jan 2017|
|رئیس عمومي طب معالجوي at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|نرس قابله at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||21 Jan 2017|
|Family Medicine Resident (Trainee) at Hope Family Medicine Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|