Instructor, Nursing Education Service(462 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
|Date Posted:||17 Oct 2016||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Nursing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be able to:
• Strengthening the program of nursing education services.
• identifying the continuous education and training needs and implementing the appropriate educational programs for nursing staff
• Develop different training modules and plan trainings for nursing staff from different areas.
• Ensuring all staff meet credentialing requirement.
• Plan and coordinate effective overseas training for nursing staff.
• Facilitates trainees from outside hospital i.e., GIHS, KMU, Faizabad and Bamyan Hospitals.
• Conduct trainings/ workshops for AKDN or other organizations on request basis.
• Prepare a comprehensive report for NES monthly and annual educational activities.
• Participate in timely hiring of staff on various vacancies of nursing division.
• Ensure that all newly inducted nurses’ possess knowledge and skills through conducting nursing orientation programs.
• Develop and review documents/ forms for its staff.
• Developing and strengthening nursing policies, procedures and protocols for maintaining the international standards of care
• Plan and organize quality audits for nursing and infection control policies and procedures.
• Participate in monitoring nursing performance indicators.
• Initiate the quality improvement project/ nursing research projects along with team.
• Participate in other ongoing meetings of nursing division.
• Any other task assigned by Administrator Nursing Division.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) provider and instructor.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)/ Neonatal resuscitation program provider and instructor
• Medication Certification Module for RNs
• Peripheral intravenous annulation (PIVC)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with team members.
• Nursing degree registered with the relevant entities i.e., MoPH/MoHE.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Nursing
Guideline Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!