M&E Officer(900 Views)
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities.
The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
The Economist (M&E Officer) will participate in the selection of the project areas and in conducting the field surveys of the project sites in which he/she will be responsible for the establishment of a Monitoring and Evaluation System as well as the financial analysis (estimate) of the proposed interventions by the team members. She/he will report to the Irrigation Director.
|Date Posted:||17 Oct 2016||Reference:||MAIL-TA-10|
|Closing Date:||28 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To develop questionnaires for baseline survey and translate them into local languages-Dari and Pashto.
• Guide M&E officers at all over the country, regions on the selection process of the project areas and sites
• Design, in cooperation with the team members, a M&E system for progress, effect and impact monitoring
• Coordinate with the other team members on the data collection for the purpose of M&E system
• Work closely with MIS system developer, to develop a proper tool for recording the baseline, mid-term and project impact surveys data.
• Develop a system of data cleaning and verification
• Develop a proper methodology to document Irrigation Association in-kind contribution in the actual rehabilitation work of the irrigation schemes at all over the country
• Collect, in cooperation with the other team members, the basic data required for the estimation of the financial feasibility of the proposed interventions
• Analyze the financial feasibility of the proposed interventions
• Prepare yearly plan of operations for M&E data collection
• Perform any other assigned duty
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate must have achieved Bachelor degree in a relevant field with 3-5 years of experience in M&E in irrigated agriculture as well as in cost benefit analysis of the projects. Major achievement in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in M&E in irrigated agriculture
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial feasibility analysis
• Ability to develop M & E system from its scratch
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly preferably in both English and Pashtu/Dari
• Writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop written reports and action plans in both in English and Dari
• Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in an international multi-cultural working environment
• Considerable experience and demonstrated ability to serve the public in a courteous and professional manner
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Send your CV to:
HR Department Contracted Staff
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!