Senior Advisor for Afghan Telecom Company of MCIT(1152 Views)
About (افغان تیلی کام (سلام
Afghan Telecom, as owned 100 % by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (“Government”), seeks to hire a qualified Individual Consultant to work as Senior Advisor for the Company, to provide advice on all Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Management functions of the Company. This Consultancy support will be provided directly to Afghan Telecom, under Afghan Telecom’s Rules and Regulations, in consultation with the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Afghan Telecom.
The former Telecommunications Department of the Ministry of Communications of Afghanistan was taken out of the Ministry of Communications and became a government owned Telecommunications Company, which also received a Unified Services license from ATRA in 2005. It was named Afghan Telecom (also called AFTEL or AT). AFTEL also inherited Fixed Line and Fiber Optic Networks. In addition, AFTEL provides Internet services through its fixed line facilities as well as through WiMAX frequencies allocated to it by ATRA. In 2013, Afghan Telecom launched GSM Operations with 3G Networks and Services to be accessible for 90 % population of the Country.
A qualified Individual Consultant has been planned to be hired to work as Senior Advisor for Afghan Telecom, to give advice to AT’s Board Members and the Senior Management of AT on all the functions related to the growth of Afghan Telecom.
|Date Posted:||17 Oct 2016||Reference:||006|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Telecom/Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To render advice (on daily basis) to AT’s President and the Functional Heads on all the issues for efficient growth of Afghan Telecom’s Businesses in Afghanistan;
• To render advice to AT’s Board of Directors and to the Chairman of the Board on all the issues for efficient growth of Afghan Telecom’s Businesses in Afghanistan;
• To provide advice to all the Functional Heads of AT on Operational aspects of AT;
• To provide advice to AT’s Senior Management on the expansion of 3G Services;
• To provide advice to AT’s Senior Management on the expansion of International Businesses through Fiber Networks;
• To provide advice to AT’s Senior Management on the expansion of International and National Fiber Networks;
• To provide advice to AT’s Senior Management on the expansion of Fixed Line and DSL Services in the Country.
• To provide advice to AT’s Senior Management on the Customer Support Services that need to be improved upon by AT;
• To carry out coordination with all the MNOs and ISPs of the Country;
• To attend regular meetings with all the Stakeholders of ICT Sector which are held by MCIT and ATRA for growing the Sector;
• To carry out functional coordination with the ATRA and Senior Management of MCIT.
• To prepare a Growth Plan of AT for next 05 years and also suggest Implementation arrangements, with changes to the Organizational Structure of Afghan Telecom;
• In consultation with ATRA Board Members and MCIT’s Senior Management, prepare an efficient Evaluation and Monitoring Plan/Matrix for Performance Assessment of all Telecom and IT Services as Provided by Afghan Telecom.
• To prepare, the BOM (Bill of Material) for complete FTTH networks
• To prepare the detailed Scope of work and Technical Specifications of all the Goods/Equipment/Material required for the implementation of the OFC based expansion Projects and include the same in the Bidding Documents;
• Consultant will provide training on FTTH design software (Telecordia or its equivalent advanced software as used in designing modern FTTH networks) to Afghan Telecom’s Staff;
• Consultancy Firm will carry out Technical Feasibility Study of each new OFC based Route in Afghanistan.
• Consultant Firm will prepare Bidding Documents for all the OFC Routes and Networks to be commissioned in Afghanistan;
• Consultant Firm will prepare Bidding documents for all the Networking Elements/Systems/Devices etc which will enhance the Capacities and the Reliability of the Connectivity of Afghan Telecom Network and Equipment in Afghanistan;
• The Consultant should have a degree from a recognized university;
• The Consultant should have 5 years experience in the relevant field;
• The Consultant should have demonstrated experience in the Management Functions of ICT Sector, with a good understanding of government policies and regulatory affairs;
• The Consultant should have demonstrated experience on all operational aspects of Telecom Sector;
• The Consultant should have Coordination Experience with the Stakeholders of ICT Sector and with ATRA;
• The Consultant should have full knowledge of the state-of-art Technologies and related Operational Aspects of Telecom Networks built through different Technologies of ICT;
• The Consultant should be proficient in Computer operations, English and Dari/Pashtu languages.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Telecom/Engineering
Afghan Telecom corporate office
4th Floor Post Parcel Building
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt, Kabul Afghanistan.
For the application process, you need to fill AFTEL (Afghan Telecom) personal history form from the under mentioned link and send it along with your CV`s www.afghantelecom.af applications which are received without AFTEL personal history form will not be given consideration .only those applications will be considered which respond to the above criteria.
1. Applications will be reviewed thoroughly and only those candidates will be contacted for interviews whose qualifications meet the requirement of the job.
2. Short listed candidates are normally contacted within a week after the deadline for applications.
3. Applicants should have at least two references of the supervisors/co-workers, with whom they have worked.
4. Afghan Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and applications are reviewed based on merits and without regard to applicants race, ethnicity, beliefs, age, gender, marital status and physical or mental disability.
5. In the subject line please mention the vacancy number ,position and province
6. Please attach all your academic documents with work application form in the mentioned email address
|More jobs in this category|
|Fault Management Engineer at (افغان تیلی کام (سلام||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|