Saffron Processing and grading expert(1323 Views)
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities.
The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
Economic development package saffron in Herat province is designed to create sustainable jobs and income opportunities for Heart province through the execution of saffron value chain project. The project is being implemented by cereal crop directorate unit in Heart and Kabul.
|Date Posted:||17 Oct 2016||Reference:||MAIL-TA-11|
|Closing Date:||28 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||International||Salary Range:||500 to 700 USD|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing a Training Program for the theoretical and practical training
• Theoretical training of the participants regarding saffron processing and saffron marketing according to international market requirement.
• Practical training of the participants regarding saffron sorting and grading.
• Briefing of MAIL Management in Herat/Kabul about the training programs its contents and methods.
• Conduct need assessments and prepare a list of all necessary tools and equipment for the saffron processing, sorting and grading.
• Any other task assigned by the senior advisor to Minister/Implementation coordinator or Implementation Unit Director.
• Master degree in food technology/food analysis. Agriculture with training on saffron sorting, grading or any other related field with specialization in saffron processing.
• The expert must have clear hands on experience in saffron Processing, standardization and related tests for at least 7-10 years
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Afghanistan - Herat
Masters Degree, Agriculture
Send your CV to:
HR Department Contracted Staff
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Dairy Plant Manager at Agroindust Inc.||Balkh||10 Sep 2017|
|Project coordinator at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (..||Kabul||04 Sep 2017|
|Agriculture Expert at Chief Advisor to The President On Agriculture and D..||Kabul||12 Sep 2017|
|Watershed Management Officer at MAIL/Panj-Amu||Multi Cities||28 Aug 2017|