Transit Specialist(745 Views)
-This Additional Financing for Second Customs Reform and Trade Facilitation Project is focusing on providing assistance to improve the overall governance environment of the Afghan Customs Department (ACD) by addressing priorities identified in the Governance and Accountability Action Plan (GAAP) matrix.
The project is associated with the further roll out of specialized functional modules of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) to the remaining Customs stations, automation of management functions, installation of executive management systems, set up of trans border data exchange systems and the construction of essential physical infrastructure and equipment for the Afghan Customs Department (ACD).
To address some of the priority governance concerns, the project is providing assistance to improve the regulatory framework through a comprehensive legislative review and setting up mechanisms of government level coordination for legislative reforms, developing a compliance and enforcement capacity for ACD, and assisting with revising and then monitoring progress on the Customs Five Year Plan. The project will also assist the government in improving coordination and clarifying roles and responsibilities of various agencies present at the border and continue to improve donor coordination within the framework of the Informal Customs Network (ICN).
The primary objective of the Transit Specialist is to provide technical guidance to the ACDS’s Transit department to Compliance the transit procedures with WCO transit procedure. He is also responsible to work with international donor Agencies working in ACD to implement, promote and monitor the TIR progress in Afghanistan.
His/Her main roles are to coordinate with all the stakeholders in Afghanistan involve in Transit/TIR such as Minister of Transport, Minister of commerce and Trade, ACCI etc.
He/she is responsible to review all the Transit and TIR related laws, procedures, international conventions and regional agreements to ensure that it is align with international best practices.
|Date Posted:||26 Oct 2016||Reference:||ACD/SCRTFP-PIU/2016/013|
|Closing Date:||01 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct a review of transit regulations and procedures including inbound, outbound and through transit and produce a report and recommendations.
2. Analyse border crossing complexities, hurdles in transit/TIR and recommendation to ACD for solving the issue.
• Study the border crossing procedures and list the unique constraints in border crossing at each border crossing points
• List the general constraints faced in border crossing by local and foreign transport operators
• The adjacent border crossing points in the neighbouring countries should be analysed.
3. Conduct a review of transit performance hierarchy in transit departments in Kabul and borders posts customs.
4. Review the structure of transit operation including the terms of reference (TOR) of transit staff.
5. Conduct a study about the authorization and performance obligation of transit staff in compliance with terms of reference of them and the communication system between main office and border port transit departments.
6. Assist in the formation/reactivation of an Inter-Ministerial Committee on ‘Transit Afghanistan’. This may include but not limited to MOTCA, MOCI, MAIL, EPAA, AFFCCO
7. Compliance of T1 transit form with ICDs regarding revenue leakage.
8. Study the role of transit documents in Risk Management (RM) and Post Clearance Audit (PCA).
9. Finding the number of invalidate T2 forms.
10. Finding the volume of inbound, outbound and through transit goods along with origin, destination and type of goods.
11. Write a report at the end of each activity and Present the findings and recommendations to ACD.
12. Any other task assign by ACD high authority.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Prior international donor experience preferred.
• Must have an excellent geographic knowledge of Afghanistan and region.
• Demonstrated leadership and management ability and effectiveness in team-oriented work environments.
• The incumbent should be a team player
• Ability to operate computer and word processing packages.
• Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely in English required; fluency in Dari and/or Pashto preferred.
• Initiative and sound judgment.
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to work under difficult conditions.
• Commitment to work and willingness to work over hours if required.
• Ability to work with people from different backgrounds & professions.
1. Bachelor’s degree required (Master's preferred) and at least three (3) years of progressively responsible related experience, along with a minimum of 5 years of applicable technical and professional experience in in Customs/International Trade, international road transport/transit, planning and logistics operations.
2. The individual must have knowledge of Transit/TIR, different international agreement regarding Transit/TIR and must be able to communicate effectively with senior executives, regulatory authorities, and other ACD staff.
3. Prior international donor experience preferred.
4. Must have an excellent Geographic knowledge of Afghanistan and region.
5. Demonstrated leadership and management ability and effectiveness in team-oriented work environments.
6. Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely in English required; fluency in Dari and/or Pashto preferred.
7. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Economic Growth
Qualiﬁed candidates may submit their applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and
must indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line of their submission while applying for this position through e-mail.
Applications with no vacancy number and post title on the subject line will not be considered as genuine submission
|More jobs in this category|
|International Research Consultant/CD Project .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Health Commodity Procurement Specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Healt..||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Community Mobilizer/PSN Focal Point at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and ..||Farah||04 Feb 2017|
|Manager - ICT & Business Solutions Marketing at MTN Afghanistan||Kabul||03 Feb 2017|
|Computer Management Assistant FSN-07 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||05 Feb 2017|
|Marketing Manager at Quadrant Technologies||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Project Officer at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||02 Feb 2017|
|Plumber/Mechanic at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Maintenance Officer/Store Keeper at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Senior Officer for SIAs Operation at National.. at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|kandahar School Engagement Focal Point at Reg.. at RIZ Conslting Services||Kandahar||10 Feb 2017|
|Provincial EQUIP Officer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Paktika||01 Feb 2017|
|Master Trainer – Project Management at Emerging Leaders Consulting Serv..||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Security Receptionist at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Technology Consultant at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Specialist for PMO/MoMP at PMO||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|oxford manger at Shams London Academy||Kabul||08 Feb 2017|
|مدیر تدریسی at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Finance Manager at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Cleaner at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|ادمیشن افسر at Shams London Academy||Khost||08 Feb 2017|
|Admission Officer at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Admin Manager at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|English and TOEFL iBT instructors at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Hydro geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Cook/ Cleaner at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|معتمد جنسی at DABS||Baghlan||05 Feb 2017|
|Data Archiving and IT Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|کارمند خدماتی at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||30 Jan 2017|
|Re-Announce -Recruitment Assistant at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Health Care Waste Management (HCWM) Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Commerce and Trade Specialist (National) at Afghanistan Capacity Building..||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Head of Program Management Information System at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Senior Hydro Geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|رئیس پلان وقوانین at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس مراقبت های صحی کوچی .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اقتصاد وتمویل صحت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Program Management Specialist FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Gardener FSN - 02 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Guard at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Servant (خادمه) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Coffee Maker(قهوه ساز) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Sr. Gender Advisor at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|ARCHITECT FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|Business Development Head at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|