IDSR International Technical Advisor Re Ad(437 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
The Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) is a framework developed by the World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa (WHO/AFRO) in 1998 which now supports the IHR in over 50 countries (WHO, 2012). The goal of this strategy is to develop sufficient surveillance and response capacities at each level of national health systems so that a flexible national disease surveillance system emerges. In a national adaptation of the strategy, a country may focus on a few diseases depending on national resources and capacities before the system becomes more inclusive of other diseases and events including the chronic health conditions and non-communicable diseases (NCDs) of national and international priorities. It is expected that the IDSR strategy links community, health facility, district, province and national levels with the overall objective of providing epidemiological evidence for use in making timely decisions and implementing public health interventions for the control and prevention of diseases. The integrated approach recognizes the specialized needs of various disease control programs while capitalizing on opportunities for synergy. The integrated mechanism views surveillance as a multi-disease approach and a common public service using similar structures, processes and resources. It builds a system using existing resources by merging all existing surveillance activities into a national surveillance system with the aim of making it more effective and efficient. Furthermore, it facilitates the implementation of the International Health Regulations (IHR 2005) mandate in which all partner countries to have a robust surveillance and response system in place to provide immediate information on potential PHEICs (public health emergencies of international concern) to safeguard global health security.
Current Situation: Surveillance Structure and Functions
The general surveillance functions of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) for communicable diseases are carried out by the Disease Early Warning System (DEWS)/Surveillance Department in the Afghanistan at the central level in the ministry of public health Afghanistan. The Surveillance/DEWS is staffed by a team comprised of the Surveillance Director, managers, coordinators, officers, technical staff (dedicated personnel for zoonosis and influenza surveillance manager , data mangers, IT, ), coordinators, and other support staff.
The strengths of DEWS illustrate that in Afghanistan, fairly well developed health infrastructure and surveillance mechanisms currently exist for communicable diseases. Functional surveillance systems include (i) Disease Early Warning System (DEWS) as the main surveillance system for communicable diseases which is sentinel based and currently covers 16 health conditions in 550 sites; (ii) Multiple surveillance components for single-disease programs including Polio, TB, Malaria, EPI, HIV/ AIDS. Except for HIV/AIDS which is a different surveillance system altogether targeting high risk groups and antenatal cases and administers behavioral and other surveys, the surveillance systems for most of the single-disease control programs are population-based covering almost all the health-facilities in the country and reporting is mostly monthly. The polio control program has the most extensive surveillance network in the country with over 450 AFP Focal Points at the district level and close to 10,000 community health volunteers and has weekly AFP reporting and immediate polio reporting. The data collection system for most of the surveillance systems that currently exist for communicable diseases in the country are paper-based and built on vertical structures with different data collection instruments and reporting frequencies. The surveillance mechanism for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), however, is poor and rudimentary and currently national efforts remain underway to develop the first comprehensive surveillance system for nutrition.
To support the MoPH for establishment of IDSR system
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||IDSR Int Tec Adv Re Ad|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review the existence surveillance systems
• Technically support the advocacy and sensitization initiatives to ensure the support of policy makers, opinion leaders and partners , existence MOPH relevant programs on establishment and implementation of IDSR
• Facilitate the IDSR National Coordination committee on regular bases
• Provide technical inputs on Merging and harmonizing functionally all existing surveillance systems
• Introduce the IDSR relevant and effective data flow
• Modification and /or draft the case definitions for the disease /event under the IDSR
• Develop a technical manual and guideline/roadmap for establishing IDSR
• Guide the MOPH on the selecting the pilot province under IDSR
• Develop the national detail IDSR implementation/operational plan (2016-2018)
• To develop a training strategy for capacity development of the related departments on IDSR
• Develop and adopt IDSR training module
• Train a set of national core trainers on IDSR through TOT workshop
• Provide the program technical inputs and comments on the progress of IDSR implementation and propose recommendations
• Develop the IDSR data analysis framework/guideline , and variables
• Develop the weekly , semi-annual and annual IDSR report format
• Develop the monitoring and evaluation framework and indicators for IDSR
• International public health experience including disease surveillance
• Excellent knowledge of English
• Having Master degree in epidemiology or public health or relevant field, preferably Ph.D in mentioned fields.
• At least 7 years of working experience in epidemiology or related field
• Having working experience in the development of surveillance guideline , manual , SOPs, and training modules
• International public health experience including disease surveillance
• Excellent knowledge of English
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, General
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to:sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to:sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mustafa Sirat, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-794-217733
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mustafa Sirat) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hydro geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Cook/ Cleaner at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|معتمد جنسی at DABS||Baghlan||05 Feb 2017|
|Data Archiving and IT Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|کارمند خدماتی at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||30 Jan 2017|
|Re-Announce -Recruitment Assistant at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Health Care Waste Management (HCWM) Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Commerce and Trade Specialist (National) at Afghanistan Capacity Building..||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Head of Program Management Information System at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Senior Hydro Geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Senior Contract Management Specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Liaison Officer Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Legal Advisor Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Administration Officer (Informati.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|رئیس پلان وقوانین at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس مراقبت های صحی کوچی .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اقتصاد وتمویل صحت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Program Management Specialist FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Gardener FSN - 02 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Website Editor at APFM||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|مسوول تدارکات at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic R..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Network Engineer (Technology Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affairs o..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Software Engineer (Technology Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affairs ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Officer (Procurement Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affai..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Finance Officer at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Guard at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Servant (خادمه) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Coffee Maker(قهوه ساز) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|English and TOEFL iBT instructors at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Sr. Gender Advisor at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|ARCHITECT FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اکمال تخصص at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Senior Financial and Economic risk analyst fo.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|مدیریت عمومی at قصر عروسی یونایتید||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|OSE Media Analyst (base salary is equivalent .. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||21 Jan 2017|
|Business Development Head at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Cashier at DABS||Kabul||23 Jan 2017|
|Manager Internal Audit at Etisalat Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|Senior Manager Internal Audit (Finance & Oper.. at Etisalat Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|