Information Security Engineer(988 Views)
About Global Technology
Global Technology is an Afghan owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA-0001-16|
|Closing Date:||27 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Although job descriptions vary widely, you will likely be responsible for installing, administering and troubleshooting of MoD infrastructure security solutions.
2. Depending on the scope of your responsibilities, you could be response to:
3. Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
4. Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls.
5. Maintain data and monitor security access
6. Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments.
7. Monitor all kind of network traffics for unusual activities.
8. Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, vulnerabilities scanning tools, and etc.
9. Implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards for entire MoD infrastructure.
10. Analyze and establish security requirements for MoD system/network infrastructure.
11. Train fellow employees of Global Tech and ANA G6 in security awareness and procedures.
12. Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols for the infrastructure.
13. Conduct security audits and make policy recommendations
14. Provide technical security advice and technical information security documentation for each kind of your security solutions.
15. Preparing Daily, Weekly /Monthly Report to top management, NMIA Chief and Technical Manager.
16. Analyze and evaluate the network, subsystems, and components for vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
17. Implement and document risk assessments.
18. Coordinate security plans with Top management, Team Leaders and third party vendors
19. Shall provide CSC Critical Security Control standard policies and solutions along with related CSC tools/solutions for entire MoD infrastructure.
20. Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report potential security violations.
21. Should have knowledge of router, switch, NG firewalls, NGIPS, and BE6000 & BE7000 configuration file modification, CISCO IOS/security patches upgrades, Cisco Voice solution, Cisco security solution, and Cisco routing and switching solution, Windows Server Patches, Virtualization solution and additions/changes to an Enterprise Network/system infrastructure architecture.
Bone up on security fundamentals. In its survey of Information Security Engineer job descriptions, Global Technology found that employers are looking for technical skills such as:
1. Knowledge of common L1-L7 protocols such as SSL, HTTP, DNS, SMTP and IPsec
2. Strong understanding of firewall and IPS technologies
3. Microsoft/Cisco/Cyberoam/Red Hat
4. Packet Shaper, Load Balancer and Proxy Server knowledge
5. Intermediate to expert IDS/IPS knowledge, Nessus scanning tools, Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
6. IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing
7. DLP, anti-virus and anti-malware
8. Network protocols and packet analysis tools
9. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
10. But this is just the start. You’ll also need a deep understanding of:
11. TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching and Microsoft Technologies.
12. Network protocols, packet analysis tools, vulnerabilities tools and Penetration testing Tools.
13. Windows, IOS, UNIX, Kali Linux and Enterprise Linux operating systems
14. Firewall and next generation intrusion detection/prevention (SFR) protocols
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Team Work
2. Communication Skill
3. Able to work under the pressure
4. Able to work after official hours if require.
1. 2 years’ experience in related flied,
2. Bachelor degree preferable.
The following certification is must:
3. CompTIA Network+
4. MCSE 2012
5. CompTIA Security+
6. Cyber Security (CEH & CHFI)
7. CCNA/CCNP Voice
8. CCNA/CCNP Security
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
The application must comprise of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post attaching your CV to it. Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail which is mention
Please note that applications received after the closing date (27, October 2016) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please be informed that applications exceeding 1 MB will be automatically deleted from the system, only a cover letter and a CV are required.
|More jobs in this category|
|System Administrator at Global Technology||Multi Cities||10 May 2017|
|IT Support at Global Technology||Multi Cities||10 May 2017|
|SAN and Backup Admin at GTR Group||Kabul||03 May 2017|
|Network and Security Engineer at GTR Group||Kabul||25 Apr 2017|
|Oracle Database Administrator at GTR Group||Kabul||25 Apr 2017|
|System Administrator at GTR Group||Kabul||25 Apr 2017|
|Web Developer at PomTech ICT Solutions||Herat||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior Information Security Architect at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||05 May 2017|
|IT Security Analyst at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||05 May 2017|