Provincial Technical Advisor SM Re Ad(542 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society.
The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care.
MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
The TPA will be reporting to Kabul Public Health Director and coordinate project activities with MOPH-SM, KPHD, urban health grant consultant, and other relevant stakeholders. He/she will be responsible for providing technical and management support to the KUHP as per the approved Urban Health Proposal. He/she will also ensure that the health services are delivered based on MoPH policy, procedures and guideline and maintain quality of services in every cycle of project management. Furthermore, he/she will coordinate the project activities at provincial level and ensure the project activities are also well coordinated at facility level.
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||Tec Adv Re Ad SM|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The PTA should assist the KPHD on all health matters pertaining to the Kabul Urban Health Project (KUHP/MOPH) including; improving quality of health care services, efficient use of resources, improve patient satisfaction, improve the capacity of health facilities staff, ensure quality data are produced and processed to MoPH and other stakeholders involved in the project.
• Ensuring that, urban BPHS project is smoothly implemented in urban area of Kabul province.
Management of implementation:
• Assist the KPHD, in overall project management cycles including; planning, organizing, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Should manage and follow up on the progress of Capacity Building plan for PHO staff, CHW and other staff planned.
• Assist PHOs in conducting effective supervisory visits, identify gaps, improve quality of services and provide necessary support to health providers.
• Ensure that, the project overall implementation process including is in line all MOPH policies and technical guidelines in KUHP.
Monitoring and reporting:
• Should be in the field at least ten days per month for monitoring project progress and quality of service delivery.
• He/she will be reporting to Kabul Public Health Director and coordinate project technical activities with KPHD, MOPH-SM, and other project related individuals and groups.
• Compile the HFs progress reports coming to KUHP and submit the draft reports to the KPHD for approval and submit final report to MOPH-SM.
Coordination and liaison:
• Assist the KPHD in organizing the monthly PPHCC, Urban Heath Monthly meetings, and Kabul Urban Health Working Group (KUHWG) meetings and be responsible for producing the minutes of these meetings.
• Attend project related coordination and technical meetings on a regular monthly and quarterly based held at central and provincial level.
• Should follow up on all planned activities in KPHD/MOPH department to meet the health and sanitation measures and requirements.
• Will liaise with UN agencies and NGOs at the provincial level through available coordination mechanism e.ge PPHCC.
• Be Afghan national.
• Having Medical doctor degree from a recognized university
• Minimum of three years’ experience of working with a NGOs or UN agency at the level of a health program manager/ health trainer/ health supervisor.
• Very good working capacity of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Excellent written and spoken Dari and Pashto.
• Good working knowledge of English written and spoken.
• Result oriented and achiever mentality.
• Excellent negotiating and communicating skills
• Good team player.
Afghanistan - Panjshir
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to:sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to:sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Department, Second floor, HR Cantiners at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mustafa Sirat, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)- 794217733
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ab. Wasay Alokozai) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|داکتر) متخصص) آنکولوژی دا.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|نرس آنکولوژی at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|Post Marketing Surveillance Advisor Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|Medical Officer ( Blood Bank ) at French Medical Institute for Mothers an..||Kabul||15 Mar 2017|
|De-worming Campaign Consultant at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||20 Feb 2017|
|پروگرام آموزشی، اکمال تخ.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|
|MEDICAL DOCTOR (MALE ONLY) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Nurse (Male/Female) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Postgraduate Medical Education Residency Prog.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|