Technical Extender for Child Friendly School and WinS programmes(1955 Views)
About Afghanistan Center for Excellence
Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) is a fully Afghan-owned boutique training and capacity development, strategic management advisory and human resource management services consultancy firm. ACE is headquartered in Kabul with presence in Jalalabad, Mazar, Herat, and Kandahar.
ACE is currently managing a project for UNICEF to hire, deploy and manage Technical Extenders for the humanitarian activities across Afghanistan.
The Technical Extenders (TE) will have the responsibility to assess, prepare the Bill of Quantities (BoQs), and monitor any minor construction, rehabilitation, and renovation in public and CBE (Community Based Education) schools including all Child Friendly Schools, WASH in schools, and Model schools located on the district (s) of assignment of the TE. The TE should assist DoE/ SMS (School Management Shuras) to develop improvement plan and help them to well document the data. TE will have the responsibility to conduct the Service Improvement Plan workshop and should supervise the targeted CFS to develop their School Improvement Plan. The TE will have the responsibility to assist DoE/ DED to assess the needs of CFS/ WinS/ Model school and develop BoQ for bidding. The TE should monitor the implementation of improvement plan and the maintenance of the rehabilitation and to make sure that they are functioning according to the contract. TE is required to submit monthly monitoring plan, and technical monitoring and follow-up reports to DoE and UNICEF relevant staff.
Technical Extenders is expected to spare 70% of his/her time in the field supervision, collecting data, and reporting.
|Date Posted:||29 Oct 2016||Reference:||015|
|Closing Date:||05 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||30000 to 30000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate with DoE and relevant UNICEF staff to ensure that any minor construction of CSF school carried over to 2016 is implemented according to the SIPs
• Collect data and document the rehabilitation/ renovation of CFS since 2013
• Take an active role in the selection of new CFS in coordination with DoE and UNICEF
• Assist School Management Shura (SMS) to develop improvement plan, site selection, monitoring and maintenance plan
• Attend meeting with and training workshop for SMS and school key staff prior to the construction of CFS, WinS, and Model schools to clarify responsibilities of all stakeholders
• Conduct monitoring jointly with SMS as the rehabilitation is ongoing to make sure the construction/ rehabilitation is carried out based on the plan
• Monitor the quality of work in term of adherence with the designs drawings, specifications and materials as per contract and Bills of Quantity
• Identify problems and constraints and take necessary actions upon discussion with the SMS and contractors
• Hold meetings with the site engineers/contractors to discuss the progress and address critical issues and undertake corrective measures accordingly
• Develop Bills of Quantity, revise BOQs with consultation of DoE and UNICEF
• Participate the regular meeting with UNICEF, DOE/DED, SMS, contractors to ensure the progress in according to the plan.
• Develop monthly monitoring plan in consultation with relevant staff in DoE and UNICEF
• Conduct monitoring visit to all the sites within the assigned districts.
• Develop monitoring reports immediately after completion of monitoring and share them with relevant DoE and UNICEF staff and contractors
• Ensure the proper handing over of completed works between the School Principal, Contractors and DoE
• Perform other duties as assigned by UNICEF and DoE.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate is expected to have the ability to work with people in rural areas and provide feedback and elaborate the students learning and capacity improvement.
• University degree in Civil Engineering
• 3-5 year experience in building construction preferably in school construction and project supervision
• Minimum 2 years practical field and technical experience in monitoring, evaluation and supervision preferably in education sector.
• Very good communication skill in local and English languages.
• Good excel knowledge required.
• Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skill, ability to work with people of the different ethnicities and cultures of the local rural communities.
Afghanistan - Badghis
Bachelors Degree, Construction
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to the below email. Please clearly write the position name and the province you apply for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|