Technical Extender for Child Friendly School and WinS programmes(663 Views)
About Afghanistan Center for Excellence
Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) is a fully Afghan-owned boutique training and capacity development, strategic management advisory and human resource management services consultancy firm. ACE is headquartered in Kabul with presence in Jalalabad, Mazar, Herat, and Kandahar.
ACE is currently managing a project for UNICEF to hire, deploy and manage Technical Extenders for the humanitarian activities across Afghanistan.
The Technical Extenders (TE) will have the responsibility to assess, prepare the Bill of Quantities (BoQs), and monitor any minor construction, rehabilitation, and renovation in public and CBE (Community Based Education) schools including all Child Friendly Schools, WASH in schools, and Model schools located on the district (s) of assignment of the TE. The TE should assist DoE/ SMS (School Management Shuras) to develop improvement plan and help them to well document the data. TE will have the responsibility to conduct the Service Improvement Plan workshop and should supervise the targeted CFS to develop their School Improvement Plan. The TE will have the responsibility to assist DoE/ DED to assess the needs of CFS/ WinS/ Model school and develop BoQ for bidding. The TE should monitor the implementation of improvement plan and the maintenance of the rehabilitation and to make sure that they are functioning according to the contract. TE is required to submit monthly monitoring plan, and technical monitoring and follow-up reports to DoE and UNICEF relevant staff.
Technical Extenders is expected to spare 70% of his/her time in the field supervision, collecting data, and reporting.
|Date Posted:||24 Oct 2016||Reference:||015|
|Closing Date:||31 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||30000 to 30000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate with DoE and relevant UNICEF staff to ensure that any minor construction of CSF school carried over to 2016 is implemented according to the SIPs
• Collect data and document the rehabilitation/ renovation of CFS since 2013
• Take an active role in the selection of new CFS in coordination with DoE and UNICEF
• Assist School Management Shura (SMS) to develop improvement plan, site selection, monitoring and maintenance plan
• Attend meeting with and training workshop for SMS and school key staff prior to the construction of CFS, WinS, and Model schools to clarify responsibilities of all stakeholders
• Conduct monitoring jointly with SMS as the rehabilitation is ongoing to make sure the construction/ rehabilitation is carried out based on the plan
• Monitor the quality of work in term of adherence with the designs drawings, specifications and materials as per contract and Bills of Quantity
• Identify problems and constraints and take necessary actions upon discussion with the SMS and contractors
• Hold meetings with the site engineers/contractors to discuss the progress and address critical issues and undertake corrective measures accordingly
• Develop Bills of Quantity, revise BOQs with consultation of DoE and UNICEF
• Participate the regular meeting with UNICEF, DOE/DED, SMS, contractors to ensure the progress in according to the plan.
• Develop monthly monitoring plan in consultation with relevant staff in DoE and UNICEF
• Conduct monitoring visit to all the sites within the assigned districts.
• Develop monitoring reports immediately after completion of monitoring and share them with relevant DoE and UNICEF staff and contractors
• Ensure the proper handing over of completed works between the School Principal, Contractors and DoE
• Perform other duties as assigned by UNICEF and DoE.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate is expected to have the ability to work with people in rural areas and provide feedback and elaborate the students learning and capacity improvement.
• University degree in Civil Engineering
• 3-5 year experience in building construction preferably in school construction and project supervision
• Minimum 2 years practical field and technical experience in monitoring, evaluation and supervision preferably in education sector.
• Very good communication skill in local and English languages.
• Good excel knowledge required.
• Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skill, ability to work with people of the different ethnicities and cultures of the local rural communities.
Afghanistan - Badghis
Afghanistan - Ghowr
Bachelors Degree, Construction
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to the below email. Please clearly write the position name and the province you apply for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|آمـــــر عملیاتی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sew..||Balkh||09 Nov 2016|
|QA Auditor at Tetra Tech||Kabul||02 Nov 2016|
|آمـــــر عملیاتی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sew..||Kabul||08 Nov 2016|
|Senior Project Manager at DABS||Kabul||08 Nov 2016|
|Design Engineer at MAIL||Herat||07 Nov 2016|
|Field Engineer | Network | RF at IO Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||15 Nov 2016|
|Environment Safeguards Expert at DABS||Kabul||05 Nov 2016|
|Health and Safety Inspector at Tetra Tech||Multi Cities||29 Oct 2016|
|Mechanical Engineer- Mid Level at Tetra Tech||Kabul||29 Oct 2016|
|Field Supervisor Engineer at CARD-F||Kandahar||28 Oct 2016|
|Senior Advisor to the Minister at Afghanistan Capacity Building for Resul..||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Business Development Manager at State Corps||Kabul||17 Nov 2016|
|Sewerage and Wastewater Design Engineer at Capital Region Independent Dev..||Kabul||26 Oct 2016|
|Construction Quality Control Manager at Redland Construction||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Project Manager at Redland Construction||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|دستیار اداری معاونیت تجا.. at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2016|
|Contracts Management Specialist/Engineer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghan..||Kabul||31 Oct 2016|
|Waste Water Site Engineer / WWTP at PG Global Group||Kabul||29 Nov 2016|
|Waste Water Designer / WWTP at PG Global Group||Kabul||29 Nov 2016|
|Mechanical Engineer Liaison at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||31 Dec 2016|