Technical Extender for CBE/ Education Management Information System (EMIS)(2482 Views)
About Afghanistan Center for Excellence
Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) is a fully Afghan-owned boutique training and capacity development, strategic management advisory and human resource management services consultancy firm. ACE is headquartered in Kabul with presence in Jalalabad, Mazar, Herat, and Kandahar.
ACE is currently managing a project for UNICEF to hire, deploy and manage Technical Extenders for the humanitarian activities across Afghanistan.
The Technical Extender (TE) will have the responsibility to assist DOE EMIS and Planning Department to collect, process, analyze, and report data on formal schools and community based education including Community based Schools (CBS), Accelerated Learning Centres (ALC), and Early Childhood Development Centres (ECD). S/he will have the responsibility to coordinate with PED/ DED, staff of EMIS and Planning departments to develop an integrated database. TE will have the responsibility to train field monitor staff (NTA) and academic supervisors on data collection and quality assurance. CBE/ EMIS Technical Extender should provide.
|Date Posted:||26 Oct 2016||Reference:||016|
|Closing Date:||05 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||30000 to 30000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. In consultation with key DoE officials and UNICEF relevant staff, assist the EMIS Department to improve the EMIS regular data collection activities (for basic and secondary education and community based education)
2. Assist DOE EMIS staff to review and revise and update the EMIS school database
3. Assist the DoE EMIS and Planning staff to keep up-to-date school information database
4. Assist the DoE EMIS and Planning staff develop data tabulation on schools, students and teacher’s collected data
5. Provide on-the-job training for the staff of EMIS department and other related DoE officials on data collection, process, store, data tabulation
6. Train EMIS staff on MS EXCEL and Access database
7. Enhance the capacity of EMIS and Planning staff to generate / develop ad-hoc reporting including data tabulation and visualization
8. Assist EMIS and Planning staff and other relevant staff to conduct data analysis
9. Provide technical input to EMIS department for the production of DoE Education profile
10. Perform other duties as assigned by DoE and UNICEF.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate is expected to have the ability to work with people in rural areas and provide feedback and elaborate the students learning and capacity improvement.
• University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology supplement with experience or additional achievements in education and social services.
• Minimum 3 years practical experience in developing database and information management
• Very good communication skill in English language.
• Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skill, ability to work with people of the different ethnicities and cultures of the local rural communities
Afghanistan - Badghis
Bachelors Degree, IT
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to the below email. Please clearly write the position name and the province you apply for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Information Technology Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||03 Jun 2018|
|Help Desk Executive at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Night Shift NOC Engineer at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Sound System and Information Technology Offic.. at Afghanistan Chamber of..||Kabul||23 May 2018|
|Senior IT Officer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (THRCP/MOP..||Kabul||23 May 2018|
|آمر تکنالوژی معلوماتی at MoLSAMD||Kabul||22 May 2018|
|Persian Personalized Internet Assessor - Afgh.. at Lionbridge GSS||Multi Cities||01 Jun 2018|
|IT & MIS Manager (Re_ Announced) at Exchangerzone||Kabul||25 May 2018|