Technical Extender for CBE/ Education Management Information System (EMIS)(2135 Views)
About Afghanistan Center for Excellence
Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) is a fully Afghan-owned boutique training and capacity development, strategic management advisory and human resource management services consultancy firm. ACE is headquartered in Kabul with presence in Jalalabad, Mazar, Herat, and Kandahar.
ACE is currently managing a project for UNICEF to hire, deploy and manage Technical Extenders for the humanitarian activities across Afghanistan.
The Technical Extender (TE) will have the responsibility to assist DOE EMIS and Planning Department to collect, process, analyze, and report data on formal schools and community based education including Community based Schools (CBS), Accelerated Learning Centres (ALC), and Early Childhood Development Centres (ECD). S/he will have the responsibility to coordinate with PED/ DED, staff of EMIS and Planning departments to develop an integrated database. TE will have the responsibility to train field monitor staff (NTA) and academic supervisors on data collection and quality assurance. CBE/ EMIS Technical Extender should provide.
|Date Posted:||26 Oct 2016||Reference:||016|
|Closing Date:||05 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||30000 to 30000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. In consultation with key DoE officials and UNICEF relevant staff, assist the EMIS Department to improve the EMIS regular data collection activities (for basic and secondary education and community based education)
2. Assist DOE EMIS staff to review and revise and update the EMIS school database
3. Assist the DoE EMIS and Planning staff to keep up-to-date school information database
4. Assist the DoE EMIS and Planning staff develop data tabulation on schools, students and teacher’s collected data
5. Provide on-the-job training for the staff of EMIS department and other related DoE officials on data collection, process, store, data tabulation
6. Train EMIS staff on MS EXCEL and Access database
7. Enhance the capacity of EMIS and Planning staff to generate / develop ad-hoc reporting including data tabulation and visualization
8. Assist EMIS and Planning staff and other relevant staff to conduct data analysis
9. Provide technical input to EMIS department for the production of DoE Education profile
10. Perform other duties as assigned by DoE and UNICEF.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate is expected to have the ability to work with people in rural areas and provide feedback and elaborate the students learning and capacity improvement.
• University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology supplement with experience or additional achievements in education and social services.
• Minimum 3 years practical experience in developing database and information management
• Very good communication skill in English language.
• Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skill, ability to work with people of the different ethnicities and cultures of the local rural communities
Afghanistan - Badghis
Afghanistan - Farah
Afghanistan - Ghowr
Afghanistan - Herat
Bachelors Degree, IT
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to the below email. Please clearly write the position name and the province you apply for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helpdesk Operators at NETLINKS/Jobs.af||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Head of telecommunications unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior Financial Management at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Technical IT (E-Gov) Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|IT Officer at Universal Eagle Tracking Co||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|(کارشناس ارشد (انکشاف سیس.. at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) at American University of Afg..||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|ICDL/Computer literacy Instructor at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|PDI IT Unit Assistant and Instructor at American University of Afghanista..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Services Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Workshop Assistant (Bakhtar Bank Head Offi.. at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Workshop Engineer (Bakhtar Bank Head Office) at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Aptech Afghanistan require Windows Server and.. at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|تکنیشن کمره امنیتی CCTV came.. at East Power Engineering..||Kabul||30 Dec 2017|