Statistic Expert (National)(771 Views)
The Project is designed to assist the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (Government) in implementing its National Priority Program (NPP). The Project seeks to mitigate the impact of the Transition, put the justice system on a sustainable path for long-term results, and improve service delivery. The Project has four components: (a) legal empowerment; (b) organization and capacity of justice institutions; and (c) implementation capacity.
The second component (organization and capacity of justice institutions), has two parts: (i) effective organizational design, which aims to determine and encourage the sector’s structural reforms and is to be achieved through policies to adjust courts’ and prosecutorial offices’ functions, jurisdictions, size and territorial organization to the current needs, incorporating the design, operations, and processes of courts and offices of public prosecution and streamlining procedural designs; and (ii) strengthening capacity of justice institutions, to be achieved through improvements in human capital, case management and physical infrastructures.
Activity’s Brief Description
Optimizing the Justice System’s Assets by Defining the Judicial and Prosecutorial Map of Afghanistan is one of the key activities under component 2 that encourage sector’s structural reforms and organizational design. The objective of this activity is to provide a framework by which administrators and policy makers may undertake reforms and take operational decisions to design the new court and prosecutorial map.
The Statistic Expert will be responsible for the assessment of current JIs map and analysis of existing data. Moreover he/she shall demonstrate abilities of designing data acquisition trials, assessing results, analyzing trends, applying statistical methodology to complex data, designing and implementing data gathering/management computer systems and software, supervising junior statistical staff, using statistics to make forecasts and to provide projected figures, presenting information in a variety of formats, conveying complex information to people who may not be specialists, liaising with colleagues and attending project related meetings.
The Statistic Expert will report to the National Judicial Expert
Duration of Appointment:
The consultant will be hired until May 31, 2017
Remuneration of the Statistic Expert will be financed 100% by the ARTF-financed AJSDP.
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||AJSDP- 001|
|Closing Date:||28 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect data from appellate and primary offices;
• Assist with the National Judicial Expert in developing and reviewing data collection tools;
• Draft assessment questionnaires and other data collection tools;
• Liaise with the JIs International Judicial Expert and PUs in collection and analyzing data;
• Conduct data collection from HQ, appellate as well as at primary office level;
• Assist the National Judicial Expert in analyzing data/information;
• Regularly document lessons learnt during data collection from different offices;
• Review relevant literature (desk review), tashkeel and statistics of cases etc.;
• Conduct initial quick assessment of current situation in collaboration with PUs and JIs;
• Conducting field visits to appellate and primary offices;
• Take active participation in discussions with working group members and other relevant stakeholders;
• Any other task assigned by supervisor;
Qualification and background requirements for this position include:
• University Degree in Social Science or other related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience (Masters in the directly related field will be preferred);
• Prior work experience in Afghanistan;
• Knowledge of Afghanistan, specifically Justice Sector would be an advantage;
• Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate and train the team members will be desirable;
• Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
• Fluency in oral and written English and national languages (Pashtu & Dari);
Afghanistan - Kabul
This position will be based Project Support Unit office Kabul, with possibility of travel to other provinces of the country.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guideline: selection and employment of consultant by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Eligible candidates are requested to apply along with their updated CVs by 28th October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
Submission email / Street No 15. Lane: 1-A, Phase A. District 10, Wazir Akbar Khan.
AJSDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|آهنگر at DABS||Kabul||15 Jul 2017|
|Senior Grants Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||09 Jul 2017|
|SECURITY INVESTIGATOR FSN-08 TRAINEE LEVEL FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Beauty Parlor (Trainer) آموزگار زیب.. at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|آموزگار خیاطی Tailoring Trainer at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|Senior Monitoring and Reporting Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|MAINTENANCE FOREMAN FSN-06 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Jun 2017|
|Foreman at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|Product Sourcing officer at Roots of Peace||Multi Cities||25 Jun 2017|
|عضو مسلکی کنترول کیفیت خ.. at ATRA||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|HMIS Performance and Data Analytic Senior adv.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|