JIs Mapping Judicial Expert (International)(747 Views)
The Project is designed to assist the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (Government) in implementing its National Priority Program (NPP). The Project seeks to mitigate the impact of the Transition, put the justice system on a sustainable path for long-term results, and improve service delivery. The Project has four components: (a) legal empowerment; (b) organization and capacity of justice institutions; and (c) implementation capacity.
The second component (organization and capacity of justice institutions), has two parts: (i) effective organizational design, which aims to determine and encourage the sector’s structural reforms and is to be achieved through policies to adjust courts’ and prosecutorial offices’ functions, jurisdictions, size and territorial organization to the current needs, incorporating the design, operations, and processes of courts and offices of public prosecution and streamlining procedural designs; and (ii) strengthening capacity of justice institutions, to be achieved through improvements in human capital, case management and physical infrastructures.
Activity’s Brief Description
Optimizing the Justice System’s Assets by Defining the Judicial and Prosecutorial Map of Afghanistan is one of the key activities under component 2 that encourage sector’s structural reforms and organizational design. The objective of this activity is to provide a framework by which administrators and policy makers may undertake reforms and take operational decisions to design the new court and prosecutorial map.
The JIs Mapping International Judicial Expert will serve as the lead responsible for coordination and execution of JIs Mapping in coordination with the Supreme Court, Attorney General’s Office and the World Bank and support from other team members.
The JIs Mapping International Judicial Expert will report to the Acting Head of PSU
Duration of Appointment:
The consultant will be hired until May 31, 2017
Remuneration of the JIs International Judicial Expert will be financed 100% by the ARTF-financed AJSDP.
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||AJSDP - 003|
|Closing Date:||28 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The JIs Mapping International Judicial Expert’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Instruct and supervise JIs team members;
• Preparation of work plan for developing JIs Mapping together with other team members;
• Assessment HQs, selected Appellate and Primary Court and Prosecution offices;
• Collection of data from field visits to court and prosecutors’ offices, other internal and external sources with the assistance from other team members;
• Building and measuring key indicator such as population density, size of court, size of prosecutions offices, work load, case flow, geographical location, infrastructure, availability & access to transportation and security etc.;
• Developing new design/map for SC and AGO;
• Coordination and collaboration with project units and other key stakeholders;
• Regular meetings with JIs key professional and support staff;
• Presentation of each phase to the Working Group members;
• Conducting workshop on how to implement the proposed design;
Qualifications and Experience
Qualification and background requirements for this position include:
• Master Degree with 10 years of relevant experience;
• PhD Degree with 6 year of relevant experience;
• Knowledge of Afghanistan, specifically Justice Sector would be an advantage;
• Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate and train the team members will be desirable;
• Fluency in oral and written English.
• Administrative and managerial skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
This position will be based Project Support Unit office Kabul, with possibility of travel to other provinces of the country.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guideline: selection and employment of consultant by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Eligible candidates are requested to apply along with their updated CVs by 28th October 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
Street No 15. Lane: 1-A, Phase A. District 10, Wazir Akbar Khan
AJSDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Team Lead, Gender, Child and Human Rights at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Legal Officer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Research Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Service..||Herat||22 Mar 2018|
|Legal Awareness Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development ..||Herat||21 Mar 2018|
|Team Lead Criminal Law Reform Working Group A.. at Afghanistan Holding Gr..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writing Advisor at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||18 Mar 2018|
|Policy and Planning Advisor at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||18 Mar 2018|
|Ethics Advisor at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||18 Mar 2018|
|National Housing, Land and Property Rights Ad.. at UN-Habitat||Kabul||02 Apr 2018|