Junior Officer Internal Audit(1573 Views)
About Afghanistan International Bank
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within ten years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country.
AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
To assist Head of Internal Audit in achieving the objective of Internal Audit Department according to the approved Internal Audit Manual
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||HR 13/08/2016|
|Closing Date:||24 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carrying out assignment on the basis of approved internal audit department audit plan and on the instruction of Head of Internal Audit or his / her nominee.
• Applying audit procedures during the engagement to evaluate the control environment to assist Head of Internal Audit to recommended the appropriate control environment rating.
• Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement during operational review of branches and support department.
• Ensuring compliance with internal and external guidelines and policies of the bank as well as compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Perform special analysis and review, including compliance, instances of alleged fraud and unethical misconduct under the supervision of senior member of Internal Audit or other monitoring body of the organization.
• Executing the audit assignments within the time schedule and as per the directions of the assignment supervisor or Head of Internal Audit.
• Assist assignment supervisor or Head of Internal audit in preparing report on the findings of audit.
• Discussing, editing and clarifying the contents of audit reports as directed assignment supervisor or Head of Internal Audit.
• Execution of any other task assigned by the Internal Auditor, including administrative affairs of the internal audit department.
Bachelor degree or pursuing bachelor qualification
• Specialized knowledge
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate that the essential functions of the Job can be performed.
Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills including tact and diplomacy
Understanding of accounting concepts
Demonstrate proficiency using intermediate level office software application, including spreadsheet and databases. Knowledge of core banking applications will also be required to possess.
Maturity to handle information and pressure situation
Maintain and established work schedules
Maintaining confidentiality of information and material obtained and acquired
• Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
Handling multiples projects and meeting deadlines
• Professional Certification
Certification in Internal Audit
Certification in information system audit
Any accounting related certification
At least 1 -2 years of working experience in accounting and auditing field
Afghanistan - Kabul
How to apply:
The application, consist of a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post along with up-to-date CV, should be sent via email (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number) before closing date to the given email address. Or submit hardcopy at:
Kabul Head Office:
Human Resources Department
Shahabudin Watt, Haji Yaqoob Square, Shar-e-Naw, Kabul, Afghanistan
Contact: +93 (0) 20 255 0123
(Saturday to Wednesday – 08:30am to 03:30pm)
(Thursdays – 8:00am to 1:00pm)
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test and interview.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|More jobs in this category|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Balkh||03 Apr 2018|
|IT Support Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Branch Manager-Faizabad at FINCA Afghanistan||Badakhshan||06 Apr 2018|
|Teller Dehmazang Branch at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||22 Mar 2018|
|Cheif Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||14 Apr 2018|
|Credit & Marketing Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Nimruz||25 Mar 2018|
|Compliance Officer at FMFB||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Chief Finance Officer (CFO) at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Network Administrator at FMFB||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Network Security Officer at FMFB||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Credit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Member of Audit Committee at Arian Bank||Kabul||22 Mar 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|