Judicial Expert (National)(621 Views)
The Project is designed to assist the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (Government) in implementing its National Priority Program (NPP). The Project seeks to mitigate the impact of the Transition, put the justice system on a sustainable path for long-term results, and improve service delivery. The Project has three components: (a) legal empowerment; (b) organization and capacity of justice institutions; and (c) implementation capacity.
The second component (organization and capacity of justice institutions), has two parts: (i) effective organizational design, which aims to determine and encourage the sector’s structural reforms and is to be achieved through policies to adjust courts’ and prosecutorial offices’ functions, jurisdictions, size and territorial organization to the current needs, incorporating the design, operations, and processes of courts and offices of public prosecution and streamlining procedural designs; and (ii) strengthening capacity of justice institutions, to be achieved through improvements in human capital, case management and physical infrastructures.
Activity’s Brief Description
Optimizing the Justice System’s Assets by Defining the Judicial and Prosecutorial Map of Afghanistan is one of the key activities under component 2 that encourage sector’s structural reforms and organizational design. The objective of this activity is to provide a framework by which administrators and policy makers may undertake reforms and take operational decisions to design the new court and prosecutorial map.
The National Judicial Expert will be responsible for technical (judicial & prosecutorial) side of JIs Mapping and will be assisting the International Judicial Expert.
The National Judicial Expert will report to JIs Mapping International Judicial Expert
Duration of Appointment:
The consultant will be hired until May 31, 2017
Remuneration of the National Judicial Expert will be financed 100% by the ARTF-financed AJSDP.
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||AJSDP - 003|
|Closing Date:||28 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The National Judicial Expert responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Conducting series of discussions and meeting with working group members in SC and AGO and other key professional staff;
• Providing support to team members on relevant laws and by-laws;
• Assist the International Judicial Expert in planning and assessment of the existing JIs map, drafting methodology, questionnaire for the initial assessment of SC & AGO HQ, appellate and primary offices;
• Assist the International Judicial Expert in conducting policy level meetings and obtaining legal opinion;
• Coaching the team members responsible for data collection and translation;
• Assist the unit coordinator in identification and developing indicators;
• Technical support to International Judicial Expert in drafting the new JIs map;
• Assist the International Judicial Expert in preparation of implementation plan for new JIs mapping;
• Conducting workshop together with other team members on how to implement the proposed new design; and
• Any other task assigned by supervisor;
Qualification and background requirements for this position include:
• Master Degree with 7 years of relevant experience;
• PhD Degree with 4 year of relevant experience;
• Prior work experience in Afghanistan;
• Substantial knowledge of the justice sector in Afghanistan;
• Knowledge of Afghanistan, specifically Justice Sector would be an advantage;
• Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate and train the team members will be desirable;
• Fluency in oral and written English and national languages (Pashtu & Dari);
Afghanistan - Kabul
This position will be based Project Support Unit office Kabul, with possibility of travel to other provinces of the country.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guideline: selection and employment of consultant by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Eligible candidates are requested to apply along with their updated CVs by 28th October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
Street No 15. Lane: 1-A, Phase A. District 10, Wazir Akbar Khan.
AJSDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!