Education Technical Extender(2026 Views)
About Afghanistan Center for Excellence
Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) is a fully Afghan-owned boutique training and capacity development, strategic management advisory and human resource management services consultancy firm. ACE is headquartered in Kabul with presence in Jalalabad, Mazar, Herat, and Kandahar.
ACE is currently managing a project for UNICEF to hire, deploy and manage Technical Extenders for the humanitarian activities across Afghanistan.
To provide required technical support to the Provincial Education Department in 4 Province and District Education Directors for effective, quality and timely implementation of the UNICEF supported programs and monitor education projects.
S/he will work with PED and provincial CBE team (PCO & FMs) on the project implementation in the areas of CBEs establishment, monitoring, verification, community mobilization and establishment of CFS and ECD. He/she will conduct regular monitoring of CBS (Community Based Schools)/Accelerated Learning Centers (ALCs), implementation of CFSs (Child Friendly Schools); monitor the teaching/learning process, status of the students’ attendance, classrooms instruction, availability of the teaching and learning materials.
Provide various reports to the UNICEF education Officer on projects implementation in the respective province. Will also ensure establishment of a mechanism for proper recording and updating of segregated data, compilation of the data following the format provided by Education Section in the various areas of the programme.
|Date Posted:||29 Oct 2016||Reference:||019|
|Closing Date:||05 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||30000 to 30000 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide necessary Technical and operational support to the PED to ensure quality and timely implementation of the Education supported activities in consultation with UNICEF SR Education Officer.
2. Conduct regular monitoring of CBSs (Community Based Schools)/Accelerated Learning Centers (ALCs), implementation of CFSs (Child Friendly Schools) including teachers training program: to monitor the teaching/learning process, status of the students’ attendance, classrooms instruction, availability of the teaching and learning materials.
3. Monitor the progress/process of School WASH and Hygiene programs; water point construction, functionality of the water point, quality of the water (color, odour and test).
4. Develop a data base for education activities including CBEs, ECDs, CFSs, teachers training and data of students and teachers for TLM distribution.
5. Oversee monitoring and reporting mechanism of GPE program at provincial and District levels and financial monitoring at provincial level.
6. Be fully acquainted with check-lists. Other data collection tools, reports and ensure they are properly filled out by the IP staff and quality reports submitted in a timely manner according to the agreed on format and frequency to UNICEF ZO.
7. Provide monthly reports on achievements to SZO Office including progress on project implementation and situation of women and children in target communities according to the agreed on work plan and reporting tools and training received. Situation requiring immediate action should be brought to UNICEF’s attention promptly. Sensitive issues that may deem as leading to negative impact or failure shall be reported to the UNICEF SR Education Officer.
8. Cooperate, where possible with relevant provincial and district authorities, UNICEF IPs, communities and elders to ensure the conduct of effective monitoring and supervision of UNICEF’s projects in the most neutral and impartial manner.
9. To implement education related projects and streamline data base collection and update on education related activities;
10. To support and ensure regular and proper monitoring of the CBEs to control quality and progress with a special attention to establish a mechanism to monitor student related issues such as girls participation, access, retention and achievement of students in education in close collaboration with provincial education department through field visits
11. Initiate data base in all education areas (CBEs, ECDs, TLM for formal schools, G3-G6 teachers training);
12. S/he will be responsible for presenting a real observation report for using this data for next plans.
13. Planning and implementing with PED for the learning and non-learning materials which will be provided by UNICEF.
14. Working closely with GPE coordinator. And CBE monitors in the department of education.
15. Preparing some technical workshops for PED staff.
16. The TE will be based in the PED’s office and should undertake regular visits to the project sites (at least 50% of his/her time).
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Community mobilization skill and ability to urge convince people on the benefits of the education. The candidate is expected to have the ability to work with people in rural areas and provide feedback and elaborate the students learning and capacity improvement.
- SF should preferably have a university degree and/or equivalent management experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of planning monitoring and evaluation.
- Have good communication skill.
- Fluent in local language (Pashto), reading & writing skill in English.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and also capable of data entry and running pre-defined reports in Microsoft Office
Afghanistan - Helmand
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Afghanistan - Oruzgan
Afghanistan - Zabul
Bachelors Degree, Education
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to the below email. Please clearly write the position name and the province you apply for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Lecturer at Morra Educational Complex||Kabul||04 Feb 2017|
|کادر علمی پوهنحی انجینیر.. at Asia Higher Education ..||Herat||21 Feb 2017|
|کادرعلمی پوهنځی اقتصاد at Asia Higher Education Insti..||Herat||21 Feb 2017|
|کادرعلمی پوهنځی حقوق at Asia Higher Education Institute||Herat||21 Feb 2017|
|Teacher at Shams London Academy||Balkh||08 Feb 2017|
|Teacher at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|teacher at Shams London Academy||Kabul||08 Feb 2017|
|ښوونکې at Shams London Academy||Khost||08 Feb 2017|
|Stock Manager at Shams London Academy||Kabul||08 Feb 2017|
|School Managing Director at Shams London Academy||Kabul||08 Feb 2017|
|principal at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Head Teachers at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|سرمعلم head teacher at Shams London Academy||Balkh||08 Feb 2017|
|سرمعلم head teacher at Shams London Academy||Khost||08 Feb 2017|
|Examinations Manager at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2017|
|Senior English Language Instructors at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||17 Mar 2017|
|Lecturer (BCS, BBA, اقتصاد, حقوق و.. at Jahan University||Kabul||01 Mar 2017|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|WIE Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificatio.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||01 Feb 2017|