Senior Advisor to the Minister(1649 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit a qualified Senior Advisor to the Minister to work at the MEW with the following duties and responsibilities.
The Ministry of Energy and Water is seeking to hire a full time national/ internationally experienced senior dam and water infrastructure advisor. This assignment involves supporting a government-led capacity development program in the area of planning, technical and review of feasibility and detail design projects within the Ministry of Energy and Water and supporting /implementing and supervision of the ministry’s on going Dams Projects. the candidate will provide technical advice, management support and technical inputs required mainly to on dams related projects and its working team and to allow the Ministry of Energy and water to achieve its objectives of construction of dams project as part of the ministry sector strategy.
The advisor will be expected to work with his relevant team to lead them advance the dams projects assignments, to offer proper ways of solution for their challenges and to enable them fulfill their mission against their terms of reference over time.
The advisor will work closely with HE Minister and shall solve the technical problems of ongoing and under study dams and also prepare plan for future projects based on GIS and RS systems
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-079|
|Closing Date:||31 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
• Develop an inception report on the current developmental projects at MoEW and provide proper recommendation to be considered while implementing them as per Ministry’s available rules, regulations and mandate
• Provide proper advise to H.E. Minsiter on transboundary water issues in consultation with other relevant stakeholders such as Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and any other stakeholders working in this particular area
• Assist the technical team in developing further the Master Plan with GIS & RS tools and to properly ensure they all have the project planning papers prior endorsement.
• Conducting proper assessment of geotechnical, geological problems and seismic effects of the dam projects to identify proper solutions and recommendations for the best maintenance of the projects
• Assessment and analysis of satellite images and DEM to desk studies and determination of the project locations.
• Assisting to preparation of operation and maintenance plan for dams
• Providing technical assistance for the desk and field studies of the dam projects for MEW staff
• Contributing to professional development of water dams staff and providing staff training in the relevant field to be identified in three months of the joining date
• Assisting to preparation of technical documents of the projects for bidding when and where required
• Travel on regular basis to various MEW dams project locations to provide technical advices and management support based on need
• Assist in assuring that work is done on schedule and to quality standards.
• Provide other technical advice and duties as requested relevant to this ToR
• Solve geotechnical issues of dams and granting
• Review of design reports on time
• Using GIS & RS to prepare dam site selection also coordinate GIS and RS center establishment in the MEW
• Start study on transboundary waters and provide expert opinion
• Doing prefeasibility studies of dams in MEW and coordinate dam design team for feasibility studies and provide appropriate feedback
The Senior Adviser to the Minister would have the following:
1- Having minimum master degree in these fields: Engineering geology or geotechnic and or related field
2- 10 years job related experience in dam consulting and construction.
3- Professional knowledge in GIS and RS.
4- At least 4 years experiences in GIS and RS.
5- Experience in soil and rock mechanics labs.
- Reading, speaking and writing English in good level
- Using professional soft wares such as AutoCAD, DIPS, Global mapper, QGIS, ArcGIS, Surfer, Roclab, Idrisi
- Using general Office software
Reporting & Supervision: The Senior Adviser to the Minister will report to the Minister of MEW
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Electrical Engineering
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) along with the CBR Job Application Form to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, .
Note: The CBR Job Application Form can be obtained from http://cbr.gov.af/en/page/job-opportunities and for further information about the project, please visit our website www.cbr.gov.af
1. Cover Letter/email outlining your qualifications and experience against the selection criteria.
2. CBR Job Application Form
3. A current resume or a curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the CBR Job Application Form;
• Only Short-listed candidates will be notified.
• This vacancy is open to Afghan Nationals only.
• Applications with insufficient information to make a determination will not be considered.
• Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Re-announced Field Engineer at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||17 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|