Assistant Producer, Social Media(1939 Views)
About BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, BBC Media Action partners with civil society, local media and governments to:
• Produce creative programmes based on robust research in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
• Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
BBC Media Action’s country team in Afghanistan delivers a portfolio of media projects on good governance, transparency and accountability and health. We are also engaged in on-going policy work on media sustainability.
Through our governance projects we are producing a series of national radio and television debate programs. The audience-led Open Jirga debate programs, produced in partnership with Radio Television Afghanistan (RTA) and the BBC World Service, are giving ordinary people an opportunity to have their questions answered by government authorities and national leaders. Social media platforms are important in enabling us to continue the discussions with listeners/viewers on our program content. We also work with local FM radio partners across Afghanistan and support them to produce radio discussion programs that provide local audiences with a platform to ask their questions to decision makers. Our work with FM partners involves the delivery of well-structured capacity building and mentoring programs. BBC Media Action also works in the area of child health delivering a media communications project for UNICEF on polio vaccination and child immunization. Under this project we are producing a weekly radio show Ghamai which covers a broad range of topics on child and family health and we are also supporting local FM radio partners to produce a range of content for their audiences on child health topics.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Assistant Producer Social Media will work across our program outputs and be responsible for producing and re-versioning Dari language content for digital platforms (online, social media, You Tube, Instagram and mobile). He/she will be responsible for social media across all platforms with the aim of growing our audience reach and engagement as well as referrals to our content across all platforms. The Assistant Producer will collaborate closely with program teams throughout production cycles and help support them reach wider audiences and have greater impact through digital activities. He/she will assist in the management of the Open Jirga You Tube Channel, ensuring that the content is continually updated and meets the needs of different audiences. The role requires a person who can make sound judgements on editorial issues. He/she will also work with BBC Media Action’s FM radio partners building their digital capacity for engaging with local audiences. The Assistant Producer will also work on the production of our governance/health radio and television programs when necessary.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||035|
|Closing Date:||26 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in the management of all digital platform outputs across our governance and health projects.
Produce and reversion programme content for online, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and mobile platforms.
Use Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Audition to reversion content for digital audiences.
Subtitle content so that it can be shared with diaspora audiences.
Produce promotional content for digital platforms.
Assist in the management of the Open Jirga YouTube Channel, organise different types of playlists and ensure consistency in titling and tagging of content.
Oversee the uploading of social media content during the transmission of radio and television programmes and engage proactively with visitors to the sites.
Respond to audience feedback on social media platforms.
Ensure that BBC Media Action editorial guidelines are implemented across digital outputs.
Devise interesting and creative ways to engage with audiences via social media and to sign post upcoming programmes to them.
Ensure consistency of branding across digital platforms.
Provide training in the use of digital platforms to BBC Media Action’s FM radio partners in Afghanistan.
Deliver digital and social media training to production teams.
Create, communicate and implement a digital media strategy for programme teams.
Produce analytics of the various digital platforms and report these on a regular basis to programme teams.
Support the production of BBC Media Action’s governance/health radio and television programmes when necessary.
Present multi-media, radio or television programmes when required.
Perform other duties as requested by the Head of Production and liaise with other internal teams.
Strong track record of working in a digital environment.
An excellent knowledge of developments in social media and related areas.
Comprehensive knowledge of writing and editing content for publication to high editorial standards.
A clear understanding of the power of online communities.
Fluent spoken and written Dari language skills
Excellent Pashto written and spoken language skills
Experience in managing websites and/or social media platforms and producing content for them including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Experience of creating shareable visual and audio content for social media channels using new and emerging technologies
Proven experience in exercising editorial responsibility in a media role.
Good presentation skills.
A good awareness of and daily engagement with social media
Experience of storytelling: an ability to appreciate the importance of video, stills, graphics and audio in communicating and telling stories and a good understanding of the different ways in which those media can complement one another.
Excellent technical skills in using Final Cut Pro, Adobe Audition and Photoshop softwares.
Strong planning and organising skills.
Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Clear understanding of the aims and values of BBC Media Action and an awareness of the development goals of our programming.
Excellent written and spoken English.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
• Editorial Judgement – demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives. Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
• Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
• Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
• Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Creative Thinking – Is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
• Resilience - manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
• Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Media
Interested qualified Male/ Female Afghan national’s candidates should submit their CV with cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the post to:
Do not forget to mention the position title at the subject line of your emails.
|More jobs in this category|
|RADIO ANNOUNCER TRANSLATOR at Resolute Support||Kabul||17 Apr 2018|
|مدیریت عمومی وب سایت at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply a..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Journalism Trainer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Nangarhar||25 Mar 2018|