Legal Officer(600 Views)
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows:
1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment.
2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices.
3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region.
4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for a Legal Officer to play active role in legal department in preparation and reviewing multiple legal tasks for achieving the strategic goals of CRIDA on objective basis.
The Legal officer shall directly report to the Legal Head.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||CRIDA-036-2016|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review and provide legal comments on all needed legal documents as Procedures, tender documents, MoU, guidelines and regulations.
2. Review ongoing cases and comments divisions submitted drafts accordingly.
3. Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
4. Provide legal protection to all legal documents and especially on contract issues.
5. Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
6. Review the technical documents from legal point of view on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
7. Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
8. Review progress of documents and liaise with and all relevant divisions and departments.
9. Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided according to the implemented laws accordingly.
10. Review all contracts or any other documentation where the authority has committed itself and assess legal implications that need it.
11. Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various authority activities.
12. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of legal terminology, court rules and procedures as they apply and legal document format which may be specialized or complex.
13. Accurately type including handwritten drafts often more specialized and complex legal documents.
14. Communicate effectively legal issues in Pashtu, Dari and English both orally and in writing.
15. Answers and screens telephone calls, and handles routine matters as requested. Processes incoming and outgoing mails and letters.
16. Coordinates legal documents with all divisions and corporate departments. Sets up and maintains of files as appropriate.
17. Performs daily follow up of policies and procedures with relevant departments and divisions for comments.
• Good organizational skills for prioritizing workload.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout the department.
• University degree in Law, Shariah Law or related fields with one year secretarial courses or equivalent. Minimum of three years legal secretarial experience or equivalent.
• Willingness to meet the requirements of the position, accepting a wide variety of assignments as called upon
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Law
To apply for the above position, please email your application, together with an update CV before 25th October 2016.
Human Resources Department
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
House #214, Ansari 1st Street, 4th Precinct
Solh Road, Haji yaqoob Square
Kabul, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
CRIDA will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short-listed candidates.
Email: email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|SENIOR POLICY ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||30 Mar 2017|
|Proposal Writer for (Law and Sharia, Legal an.. at Afghanistan Rural Empo..||Multi Cities||18 Apr 2017|