Subcontracts Specialist(1684 Views)
About Tetra Tech
USAID's Engineering Support Program (ESP) will ensure the integrity of USAID-Supported infrastructure projects in Afghanistan. While progress has been made in the infrastructure sector, Afghanistan's Infrastructure has not fully recovered from the devastation caused by the years of war. The task of securing gains made over the last fourteen still requires support from the donor community. ESP continues support of USAID's Engineering, Quality Assurance and Logistical Support and Architectural and Engineering Support Program (AESP) by providing the mission with the engineering.
Assisting in the procurement process, from the initial stage at the requisition or Work Order level until complete and final settlement when pertinent invoicing takes place. Independently determining the disposition of routine subcontracts problems. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Capable of working with little guidance.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||2016-73|
|Closing Date:||24 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for assuring that the requirements for purchased items are filled in a timely and cost-effective manner and that stocking levels are maintained within established guidelines (FAR.)
• Under the direct supervision of Senior Contracts Manager he/ she are responsible for managing the logistical requirements of the team.
• Implements, controls and maintains an effective communications system with other departments.
• Audit, check and control of subcontracts, procurement/purchasers.
• To maintain all subcontracts, procurement filing properly in accordance with the FAR.
• Assist the Subcontracts Manager as needed.
• Prepares Bid Packages RFP/RFQ’s, formation of subcontracts, and change orders.
• Reviews orders for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
• Organizes, updates, and retains product information files and subcontracts records.
• Negotiate price, contract terms and conditions, statements of work, prepare and review contracts.
• Review and negotiate price quotations and proposals for long terms agreements.
• Demonstrates continuous improvement efforts.
• Manage relationships for assigned subcontractors/suppliers.
• Maintains data and prepares reports using office automation software as requested.
• Ability to work with the local suppliers, including travel to the local places of business for the purpose of marketing local goods as back-up to the Buyer.
• Is capable of designing reports as needed, uploading electronic files in a timely manner and building and maintain subcontracts hard copy files as well as electronic files.
• Able to act as Lead and offer assistance in a manner which is conducive to training subordinate employees.
• Perform any other related tasks assign by the line manager/ supervisor.
Extensive USAID experience in the relevant field
• A Business Degree or equivalent work experience with USAID or NGO’s.
• Comprehends general business practices relating to the purchase, pricing, terms, shipment, taxes, and payment for commodities and services.
• Experience in preparing RFP’s, and RFQ’s.
• Familiar with US Government Contracts.
• Ability to read, comprehend, and apply knowledge relating to subcontracts and purchasing processes in English.
• Ability to communicate orally in the English language with customers, co-workers, and vendors in face-to-face, one-to-one settings, or using the telephone and/or email.
• Capability to enter data into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device, for long periods of time. Ability to file and update files, both hard as well as soft files.
• Work cooperatively with other employees, branches and suppliers.
• Resolve inquiries and complaints from assigned suppliers under the direction of Contracts and Procurement Management.
• Perform arithmetic calculations, such as calculating interest, discounts, and shipping charges; use common units of measure; maintain an effective liaison with vendors, management, staff, and co-workers.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
The application comprises a one page cover letter and attaching your CV to the below address: Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Head of Procurement at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Program Management..||Kabul||05 Mar 2018|
|Procurement Officer for MoMP/ Procurement Dir.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Procurement Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Procurement and Contract Management Manager at Boustan-e-Sabz Agricultura..||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Procurement Assistant at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Procurement Manager at Huawei Technologies Afghanistan||Kabul||06 Mar 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|