Field Supervisor Engineer(1170 Views)
Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development – Facility (CARD-F) aims to increase employment, income and business opportunities primarily targeting rural masses through the design, facilitation and implementation of commercially viable value chains supplemented with rural infrastructure projects in the target provinces of Afghanistan. CARD-F provides needs-based services and support to create and sustain licit businesses in rural communities by providing alternative livelihood opportunities. As a model of cross-ministry collaboration, CARD-F works under the patronage of an Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) that consists of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, the Ministry of Counter Narcotics and the Ministry of Finance. The IMC is led by the Ministry of Counter Narcotics.
Funded by the British and Danish government, CARD-F seeks to diminish poppy cultivation and empowers rural communities and strengthens their economic standing through Economic Development Packages (EDP), especially customized packages to support critical value chains, identify bottlenecks and provide solutions. EDPs are implemented in two different modalities, through implementing partners and direct implementation unit of CARD-F.
The Facility supports development of agricultural growth opportunities and complementary investments such as infrastructure, processing and marketing. CARD-F phase II ends in December 2018.
Field Supervisor (Engineer) will be the focal point between contactor/supplier, grantee and CARD-F during construction phase. Followings are the required tasks; the incumbent is responsible but not limited to:
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||CARD-F/KDR/64/16|
|Closing Date:||28 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be present on site at all times to ensure the work quality and progress is satisfactory as per the CARD-F standard technical specification and schedule of the sub project respectively;
• Maintain a site diary, log book, project progress documents and records;
• Spot checking and guiding contractors/grantees on the requirements of the contract and on technical specifications to make sure the works are completed according the engineering standards and given schedule;
• Supervise the ongoing projects regularly to ensure efficiency for design and construction of Structures such as poultry farms and greenhouses;
• Review material submitted by contractors/suppliers for compliance with the BoQ and specifications;
• Ensure that all tests are performed at the site during the construction and the test results are well documented on daily basis;
• Responsible for quality of used materials in the construction work, and the workmanship;
• Obtain and review copies and verify compliance of all site instructions and approvals;
• Submit weekly, monthly and project completion reports to record progress and immediately report any significant issues to the CARD-F Provincial Manager/Senior Engineer;
• Observe and record any failure to satisfy the requirements of the Health and Safety Plan;
• Make photographs to record works progress and failure to satisfy the requirements of the technical specifications;
• Document and report non-conforming items or conditions and ensure corrective measures have been implemented;
• Participate in meetings with contractor engineer to discuss issues as observed and take corrective measures accordingly.
• Measure Works and estimate month end Works Progress together with the Works Contractor and Grantees to provide a record for payment of the Contractor’s interim invoices;
• Observe and record brief details of all survey work;
• Observe and record all required material sampling and verify that the samples are properly stored and where necessary sent to the test laboratory;
• Verify that materials are approved, correctly stored on site and that rejected materials are remove from site;
• Support CARD-F Engineers and other staff to the site and Facilitate site-meetings when necessary;
• Coordinate with and support the local community in appropriate participatory supervision of the works.
• Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the role and level of this job as may be requested by the provincial/project manager, Coordinator, IU chief Engineer or one of his nominees.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Prepare Standard Works Contracts (PPU, World Bank, FIDIC etc);
• Materials and concrete testing and use of testing laboratories;
• Site layout methods and use of survey instruments ;
• Work planning and progress reporting;
• Must be fluent in Dari, Pashto, and English
• Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to think strategically, as well as excellent innovation, lateral thinking and problems solving skills;
• Have proven experience using MS Office packages and Auto CAD 2D,3D
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar) from an approved and recognized University. Master’s degree holder will be given preference.
• At least 2 years experience is required in one or more of the following; Site Construction Engineer, Construction Quality Control & Quality Assurance, Civil Engineering, Building Construction and site supervision on projects valued more than USD 1 million.
Afghanistan - Kandahar: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KANDAHAR)
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to Email address given below.
Please SPECIFY ONLY VA number (CARD-F/KDR/64/16) in the subject line of your Email
DO NOT attach any other documents and certificates only Your CV and Cover letter
By Hard Copy:
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
1. Candidates from Kandahar province will be given preference:
2. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
3. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|انجینیر برق at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||04 Mar 2017|
|انجینیر آبرسان at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||04 Mar 2017|
|GIS Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||14 Mar 2017|
|Supervision Engineer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Pavement Design Engineer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Rodman at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||26 Feb 2017|
|Electrical Engineer at JubailiBros||Kabul||26 Feb 2017|
|Project Manager at Da Maidan Zawahnono Construction Company (DMZCC)||Wardak||31 Mar 2017|
|project manager at Da Maidan Zawahnono Construction Company (DMZCC)||Multi Cities||31 Mar 2017|
|Site Engineer at PG Global Group||Multi Cities||31 May 2017|