Legal Advisor(1348 Views)
About Afghanistan New Generation Organization
The Afghanistan Journalists Safety Committee (AJSC) is an Afghanistan-based organization and the most comprehensive journalist safety mechanism of any country in the world. AJSC maintains the largest database of media workers in Afghanistan, has national and provincial female coordinators to provide support to female media workers, publishes research on media and freedom of speech in Afghanistan, works closely with the Afghan government to develop media laws and provides emergency support to journalists in conflict. AJSC operates under the umbrella of the Afghanistan New Generation Organization (ANGO), an Afghanistan-based NGO that works on projects related to youth in Afghanistan.
AJSC’s two Legal Advisors, one male and one female, are responsible for investigating, following up on and providing legal support in cases of violence against journalists and human rights defenders. They will also work with AJSC’s Advocacy Officer to develop policies and procedures to promote a safer environment of journalists and human rights defenders in Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||0020|
|Closing Date:||02 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Agency Staff||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide legal advice and support in cases of violence against journalists and human rights defenders
• Work with Advocacy Officer to develop policies and procedures promoting a safer environment for journalists and human rights defenders in Afghanistan
• Follow up and investigate cases of violence against journalists and human rights defenders with the government
• Produce monthly internal reports
• Complete other tasks as required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The Legal Advisors are expected to exercise the following qualifications:
• Certified lawyers with excellent understanding of Afghanistan’s and international legal codes, particularly related to journalists and human rights defenders
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong independent work ethic
• Ability to thrive in fast-faced work environment
• Willingness and ability to learn
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Law
Interested applicants must submit their CVs along with cover letter in the below mentioned email. The submission subject must include the position name and vacancy number. Applications without proper subject line will be disregarded.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!