CCAP District Manager(1036 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Reporting to the Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Programme (CCAP) Provincial Manager and coordinating closely with other senior staff from the provincial office, you will provide overall leadership and management and ensure the timely implementation of the CCAP at the district level, including coordinating and communicating with the district authority.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-23|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the district programme is implemented in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with Afghanaid, partner and CCAP standards, policies, procedures and commitment to communities
• Advise and assist the Provincial Manager when designing, developing and monitoring and evaluating the programme as required.
• Work closely and collaboratively with provincial and district staff to foster good communication, cooperation and harmony within the team and promote individual and collective commitment to programme quality.
• Supervise and motivate the district team, continuously assess the quality of their work and technical competence and give feedback as required;
• Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within Afghanaid and externally and ensure that all other staff do likewise.
• Identify and ensure that the district team’s requirements for capacity building are met through on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, self-directed learning and other means as appropriate.
• Act as a representative of Afghanaid and the consortium in all external relationships within the district.
• Ensure the legitimacy of the state is deepened and strengthened through the nature of engagement with communities and provision of rights provided for under CCAP.
• Ensure financial management controls are effectively applied within the district office.
• Organize and lead internal district staff meetings and working groups and ensure that Afghanaid is fully aware of and complies with district plans and policy.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual and quarterly district work plans and budgets and assist the Provincial Manager in compiling and re-working these as necessary.
• Monitor district programme expenditure in collaboration with the Provincial Manager, follow up on any discrepancies and prepare monthly cash requests based on need and available funds.
• Visit CDCs to assess the progress, quality of work and performance of field staff and provide information, encouragement and technical advice as required.
• Closely monitor the implementation of the district CCAP activities in the field, monitor the quality of the interventions and ensure the program milestones and contractual obligations are consistently met.
• Follow up on delays and problems, providing timely technical and managerial support as required.
• Prepare regular monthly and quarterly reports to the provincial office.
• Ensure the security and safety of Afghanaid’s staff and assets in the district and report all related concerns and actions to the provincial office.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, programme development, monitoring & evaluation and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) A good level of written English and local languages and a demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents, reports and templates for diverse audiences.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4) Personal integrity with the initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
5) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; ability to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
6) Strong organisational and coordination skills, with the ability to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
7) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
8) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
9) A demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
10) Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Afghanaid.
Education / Experience
The position holder must possess a higher secondary school preferable a Bachelor’s degree in business admiration, rural development, project management, social sciences or other relevant areas as well as extensive relevant professional experience.
1) Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus trainings and certifications completed in relevant field
2) Minimum 3 year relevant work experience
3) Work in mid to senior technical positions in large Community Driven Development/Rural Development projects for a minimum period of 2 years
4) At least 2 year work experience in Nuristan province.
5) Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
6) Experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
7) Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies.
8) A consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader.
9) Proven results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
10) Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
1) Bachelor’s degree or higher in rural development or similar
2) Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
3) Work in senior technical positions in large Community Driven Development/Rural development projects for a minimum period of 3 years
4) Having work experience in National Solidarity Programme
Afghanistan - Nuristan
In advertising this position, Afghanaid is aiming to identify a firm candidate whose CV will become part of a bit for a CCAP contract. In including a CV in an application Afghanaid makes a firm commitment to employ the selected candidate if it wins the contract and the candidate is also approved by the client.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for someone with ambition and drive. Afghanaid’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate and proud of their work and Afghanaid. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and demonstrated by taking initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities and tasks if necessary. We are results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.
Afghanaid is aiming to fill this position by February 2017 at the latest.
Our remuneration and benefits package is competitive with other similar organisations.
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 29th October 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Prog.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|Social Organizer at Afghanaid||Samangan||06 Jan 2018|
|Social Organizer at Afghanaid||Samangan||06 Jan 2018|
|Enterprise and Marketing Officer at Afghanaid||Samangan||06 Jan 2018|