CCAP Provincial Manager(528 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The (Citizens Charter Afghanistan Programme) CCAP Provincial Manager (PM) is responsible for overall implementation of Afghanaid’s strategy, programme and plan in the province including representing Afghanaid to external stakeholders. In addition the PM is responsible for leadership and capacity building of the provincial staff. The PM reports to CCAP Manager and coordinates closely with other senior staff within Afghanaid.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-25|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for leading the provincial staff to successful implement the CCAP in accordance with the approved project proposal, work plan and budget.
• Set in place a monthly progress review and planning mechanism for the project team, which will be followed though detailed monthly activity plans.
• Provide support and facilitate capacity building of local community institutions and local government in order to enhance their understanding to gradually take on full responsibility of their own development agenda.
• Effectively work with the district programme coordinators and CCAP Manager in order to ensure that the project is successfully implemented.
• Regularly review and update the risk register to ensure appropriate mechanism is in place to reduce the risks.
• Manage a project monitoring system to generate qualitative and quantitative data to document milestones of the project progress and to take necessary management decisions and actions for course correction.
• Ensure dissemination to internal and external audiences of evaluation findings, best practices and critical lessons learned, together with recommendations to inform design and implementation of similar projects in future.
• Ensure that project progress, data and evaluation findings are shared with the M&E team and integrated into the programme monitoring processes.
• Take part in internal programme audit procedures.
• Regular monitoring of junior partner/s.
• Lead recruitment, induction, training, coaching, support and performance management of provincial personnel to ensure they are qualified, trained, motivated and collaborate to meet the highest professional standards.
• Verification of financial payments.
• Verification of work progress and completion of other partner/s.
• Liaise with RRD and other sectorial ministries at the provincial level.
• In close coordination with HR, coordinate effective line management and capacity building of project staff.
• Oversee the financial management of the project budget in close collaboration with the provincial and national finance teams.
• Prepare annual spend plan with monthly phased budget plan linked with the work and activity plans.
• Monitor proper utilization of the project budget on monthly basis and prepare budget variance analysis report.
• Take fast and effective decisions to address the variances which occurred as a result of over/under spent in the project’s budget lines and immediately apply them in the next month.
• Prepare project procurement plan and execute it in line with Afghanaid logistics and procurement procedures and guidelines.
• Prepare and submit narrative/qualitative and financial reports on monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual basis to report on project progress at output and outcomes/results level as per Afghanaid’s and the donor’s requirements.
• Document lessons learnt and best practices, prepare case studies and stories of change, including developing a portfolio of visual documentaries (photo and video).
• Lead on project coordination activities with other CCAP partners and monitor their activities (if needed).
• Facilitate visits of MRRD and other relevant sector ministries missions to the project areas, and ensure that they are briefed properly.
• Ensure regular and effective coordinate is in place with provincial stakeholders.
• Develop an active network for mutual learning and exchange of experiences with other partners of CCAP working in the province and at national level.
• In light of CCAP Operational Manual monitor progress of operational methodologies and training modules, and awareness raising material.
• In close coordination with the head of security and line manager and other co-applicants, be responsible to analyses security of the project operating environment.
• Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within Afghanaid and externally and support all other staff in doing likewise
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, programme development, monitoring & evaluation and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Native fluency in written English and local languages and demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents and reports for diverse audiences.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact.
4) High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
5) Personal integrity and initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
6) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
7) Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
8) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
9) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
10) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
11) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Education / Experience
The position holder possess a higher secondary school or Bachelor degree in rural development, international development, social sciences or other relevant areas as well as extensive relevant professional experience.
1) Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus trainings and certifications completed in relevant field
2) Minimum 3 years of relevant work
3) Work in mid to senior management capacities in large Community Driven Development/Rural development projects for a minimum period
4) At least 2 year work experience in Nuristan province
5) Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
6) Good financial management, ability to plan, control and manage budgets and cash flow.
7) Experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
8) Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies.
9) Displayed ability in preparing well-organised, coherent reports, templates and other necessary documents.
10) A consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader.
11) Proven ability and results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
12) Ability to represent a respected organisation at the provincial level.
13) Experience and strong understanding of security and operating environment in Afghanistan.
14) Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
1) Bachelor’s degree or higher in rural development or similar
2) At least 5 years of relevant work
3) Work in senior advisory or management positions in large Community Driven Development/Rural development projects for a minimum period of 5 years
4) Having work experience in National Solidarity Programme
5) Experience in organisational level strategy development and management.
Afghanistan - Nuristan
In advertising this position, Afghanaid is aiming to identify a firm candidate whose CV will become part of a bit for a CCAP contract. In including a CV in an application Afghanaid makes a firm commitment to employ the selected candidate if it wins the contract and the candidate is also approved by the client.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for someone with ambition and drive looking to move up in their career. Afghanaid’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate about and proud of their work and Afghanaid. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and demonstrated by taking initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities and tasks if necessary. Afghanaid is results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.
Afghanaid is aiming to fill this position by February 2017 at the latest.
Our remuneration and benefits package is competitive with other similar organisations.
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 29th October 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Program Officer at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Grants Management Specialist at Afghanistan Workforce Development Program||Kabul||04 Mar 2017|
|INTERN- Career Center Kabul University at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||04 Mar 2017|
|SENIOR WOMEN INHERITANCE RIGHTS POLICY SPECIA.. at DAI||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|
|Organizational development Officer (Volunteer.. at IFRC||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Deputy Chief of Party - Programs at DAI||Kabul||20 Mar 2017|
|Project Management Assistant at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Development Program Specialist (Budget) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Feb 2017|