CCAP Chief Trainer(987 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The (Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Programme) CCAP Chief Trainer will serve as a critical member of the technical support team, providing oversight and building the capacity of CCAP personnel at various levels. This individual will conduct intensive trainings for regional/provincial CCAP Master Trainers and other CCAP staff and facilitate a training-of-trainers approach down through the levels. This position reports to the CCAP Manager.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-27|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a coordination mechanism with Capacity and Learning Development Department (CLDD) at MRRD and other stakeholders for proper training planning and training delivery.
• Monitor effectiveness of the workshops/trainings and adapt to the ministry’s needs as they relate to workshop/training topics.
• Contribute as a valuable member of the technical support team, developing innovative solutions to make the workshops/training most effective.
• Responsible for successful delivering the CCAP trainings in accordance with the CCAP Operation Manual, approved project proposal, work plan and budget.
• Prepare annual skills and knowledge transfer plans for all CCAP staff.
• Responsible for organising and facilitating quality cascading of skills and knowledge transfer activities in provincial offices.
• Ensure that the cascading activities are done in the widest manner to include all CCAP staff particularly CCAP Social Organisers, CDCs, Clusters and Civil Servants.
• Conduct ToT trainings/activities and provide technical inputs to training materials/modules and manuals.
• Build the capacity of other co-applicants and junior partners.
• Visit CCAP locations on a regular basis to identity staff needs; provide on-the-job training and technical assistance to relevant staff according to their need and CCAP requirements.
• Ensure that all skills and knowledge transfer activities are done according to CCAP plan and operation manual and staff requirements identified based on Training Need Assessment (TNA).
• Conduct performance review of the CCAP Provincial Trainers.
• Prepare, adapt and adjust different training materials according to relevant CCAP guidelines and recommended learning resource materials.
• Ensure that proper candidates are nominated and attend scheduled skills and knowledge updated training.
• Responsible for maintaining effective coordination with CCAP Manager and the CCAP Provincial Manager.
• Provide logistic support for the facilitation of staff capacity building.
• Overall management of capacity development programmes, seminars and workshops at the national- and provincial level.
• Ensure capacity development opportunities for newly recruited staff at the provincial and district levels through the Citizen Charter as a newly established priority programme.
• Planning capacity development programmes and activities in liaison with relevant departments within Afghanaid.
• Facilitate production of training materials, handouts, trainer’s notes and certificates for participants of the training programs.
• Prepare reports for the capacity development activities and submit to the CCAP Manager.
• Assist the Programme department in organizing and planning of technical trainings for the Provincial Rural Rehabilitation and Development departments (PRRDs) engineers and staff in the different thematic areas such as: project cycle management, planning, financial management, operation and maintenance, conflict resolution etc.
• Constantly monitor the impact of the training activities on the staff and communities, with particular attention to the needs of the CCAP trainings to the communities and provide regular feedback and reports to the related managers.
• Monitoring and evaluation of the capacity development component to include inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts against pre-defined indicators.
• Ensuring that all CCAP Provincial Trainers and CCAP Social Organisers are mandated to keep record of all CCAP trainings.
• Establishing and maintaining relations with all capacity building stakeholders, particularly with MRRD & and other related authorities in the field.
• Ensure compliance with Afghanaid’s standard operating procedures to guarantee accountability throughout the implementation process.
• Ensuring budget plan for training activities at deferent levels (national, provincial and community), provide narrative reporting and financial accounting of the training program as necessary.
• Develop and maintain a database at national level to record all CCAP and non CCAP trainings and provide the information to related departments when required.
• Ensure that a due diligence checklist is developed for the training implementation and the project compliance.
• Take into account at all times gender and diversity principles and ensure as much as possible that representatives of all sectors/groups of the community are consulted and involved in capacity building, planning and delivery, with a focus on women, poor and marginalized community groups participation.
• Organise information sharing workshops for project staff, and CCAP partners in which project results are presented and where suggestions and/or recommendations are discussed.
• Ensure dissemination to internal and external audiences of evaluation findings, best practices and critical lessons learned together with recommendations to inform design and implementation of similar projects in the future.
• Prepare annual spend plan with monthly phased budget linked with the training work and activity plans.
• Document lessons learnt and best practices, prepare case studies and stories of change, including developing a portfolio of visual documentaries (photos and videos).
• Support HR, CCAP Manager, Provincial Manager and other related authorities in the recruitment of project staff.
• Considering the local context, culture/sensitivities, geographical environment in planning and delivering of capacity building programme in a way to be applicable.
• Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within Afghanaid and externally and ensure that all other staff do likewise.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, monitoring & evaluation and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Native fluency in written English and other local languages and a demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents and reports for diverse audiences.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4) Personal integrity with the initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
5) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; ability to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
6) Strong organisational and coordination skills, ability to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
7) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
8) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
9) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
10) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Education / Experience
The position holder possess a Bachelors’ degree or higher in rural development, international development, social sciences or other relevant areas as well as extensive relevant professional experience.
1) Bachelor’s Degree completed in relevant field
2) Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
3) Work as senior trainer of trainers in large Community Driven Development/Rural development projects for a minimum period of 3 years
4) At least 2 year work experience in Parwan province
5) Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
6) Experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
7) Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies.
8) Displayed ability in preparing well-organised, coherent reports, templates and other relevant documents.
9) A consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader.
10) Proven ability and results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
11) Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
1) Master’s degree or higher in rural development or similar
2) At least 5 years of relevant work experience
3) Work in senior positions related to capacity development, training design and assessment, human resource development etc in large Community Driven Development/Rural development projects for a minimum period of 5 years
4) Experience in organisational level capacity development and strategical development.
5) Working experience in National Solidarity Programme
Afghanistan - Kabul
In advertising this position, Afghanaid is aiming to identify a firm candidate whose CV will become part of a bit for a CCAP contract. In including a CV in an application Afghanaid makes a firm commitment to employ the selected candidate if it wins the contract and the candidate is also approved by the client.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for someone with ambition and drive looking to move up in their career. Afghanaid’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate and proud of their work and Afghanaid. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and demonstrated by taking the initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities and tasks if necessary. We are results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.
Afghanaid is aiming to fill this position by February 2017 at the latest.
Our remuneration and benefits package is competitive with other similar organisations.
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 29th October 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Capacity Building Specialists - Traditional J.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT CASE OFFICER at DAI||Herat||26 Sep 2017|
|Gender Manager at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Capacity Building Advisor at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Officer for MoMP/Directorate of Donor.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Manager for MoMP/Directorate of Donor.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Coordinator for MoMP/Directorate of D.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Donor Liaison/ Program Coordinator for MoMP/D.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Officer (Internship and Placement) at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||23 Sep 2017|
|Program Officer - Kandahar at UMASS - USWDP||Kandahar||23 Sep 2017|
|TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD at DAI||Kandahar||28 Sep 2017|
|Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Reintegration Project Officer آمر پروژ.. at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||21 Sep 2017|