CCAP Package Manager(716 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Reporting to the Director Programme Implementation and Quality and under the general guidance of the Managing Director, the CCAP PM recruits, coaches and leads a qualified and talented team and positively influences and collaborates with project partners to ensure excellence in all aspects of CCAP delivery. The CCAP PM ensures quality project plans are developed; exceptional, timely and efficient programme implementation; rigorous and effective M&E processes are undertaken; precise and consistent compliance with programme operational guides and Afghanaid policies; and accurate and transparent reporting is provided on all aspects of the CCAP management. The CCAP PM represents Afghanaid and proactively engages with all stakeholders, thinks creatively and gives thoughtful input to continually enhance the impact and efficiency of the CCAP.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-28|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Represent Afghanaid and package partner(s) to MRRD and all other GoIRA line Ministries and Departments engaged in the CCAP; participate in relevant meetings with donors, and other stakeholder and at all times, represent the best interests of the CCAP and Afghanaid.
2. Ensuring that Afghanaid’s policy on gender mainstreaming and diversity in the workplace are given consistent attention, recruit, train, coach, motivate and manage a qualified secretariat staff and provide clear direction and support to CCAP Provincial Managers in recruitment and performance management of all other project staff.
3. Lead the Afghanaid CCAP team, making sure of consistently high levels of competency, accountability, transparency, motivation, teamwork, organisation and creativity in delivering the CCAP; and work closely with project partners to share experiences, facilitate learning and ensure the same.
4. Proactively co-operate with relevant Government departments to support and build their capacity to assume ever-greater responsibility for CCAP delivery.
5. Collaborate with CCAP partner(s) to ensure all stakeholders are informed about the project and all necessary MoUs and contracts are negotiated and implemented.
6. Establish and manage effective communications and excellent working relationships with CCAP partner(s), especially with their CCAP Provincial Managers and Programme Managers/Directors, including regular monthly face-to-face/Skype meetings and participation in package Steering Committee meetings.
7. Ensure Afghanaid and its partners work in a collaborative manner to consistently interpret and abide by humanitarian principles and “do no harm” principles
8. Lead collaboration of CCAP partners to set package standards and prepare/maintain operational manuals. Consistently ensure that all package staff is adequately trained to apply updated standards and operations manuals.
9. Lead, support, monitor and address as necessary Afghanaid staff’s and its partner(s)’ compliance with contractual, legal, policy and procedural requirements, including maintenance of confidentiality.
10. In consultation with the Director for Programme Implementation and Quality, establish, align, coordinate and monitor annual, quarterly and monthly work plans and budgets. Propose and negotiate adjustments as needed to ensure timely and coordinated work plan implementation.
11. Coordinate and guide effective utilisation of technical expertise within the CCAP partners, to implement and maximize quality and impact of CCAP activities and advocacy.
12. Regularly visit field activities and meet with stakeholders to monitor, guide and support Consortium partners in attaining the outcomes/results of the project.
13. Oversee and control all CCAP procurement, expenditure and accounting and work with Consortium partners to adopt financial and accounting standards in line with Afghanaid’s and the donor’s policies so as to ensure coherence in project reporting.
14. Monitor the timeliness, accuracy, completeness and quality of all project financial transactions and reports, ensuring complete transparency in the utilization of financial resources.
15. Working with respective M&E teams, create and apply tools and processes for timely measuring and documenting project and Consortium partners’ performance against work plans and budgets, logical framework, project proposal, contracts and MoUs, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Ensure timely and accurate collation of evidence; analysis; documentation, sharing and integration of learning.
16. Facilitate internal and external (donor and stakeholder) project missions, brief participants as required.
17. Organise workshops and conferences, sharing best practices and lessons learned
18. Validate, edit and consolidate narrative and financial reports from consortium partners and prepare timely, high-quality narrative and financial project reports for Afghanaid.
19. Facilitate cross learning across provinces and partners of best practices and lessons learned, through open dialogue among partners, networking with other NGOs and donors doing similar work, exposure visits, staff secondments, reporting and
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
21. Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within Afghanaid and externally and ensure that all other staff do likewise.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, programme development, monitoring & evaluation and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Fluency in written English and demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents, presentations and reports for diverse audiences.
2) Excellent conceptual and analytical skills able to distil key ideas with clarity and precision.
3) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
4) Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact.
5) High-level proficiency in office applications, including spread sheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Outlook.
6) Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
7) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
8) Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
9) Business oriented with a commitment to build Afghanaid’s agility and grow its reputation.
10) Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
11) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
12) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
13) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
14) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
The position holder possess a Bachelor’s degree in rural development, international development, social science or other relevant area and extensive relevant professional experience.
1) Bachelor’s Degree completed in relevant field
2) Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
3) Work in mid to senior management capacities in large Community Development Development/Rural development projects for a minimum period of 3 years
4) At least 2 year work experience in Parwan province
5) Consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader
6) Proven ability and results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
7) Ability to represent a respected organization at a senior level, find common ground and influence decisions.
8) Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet tight deadlines.
9) Proven ability to effectively designs and implements logical frameworks and work plans.
10) Excellent financial management, demonstrated ability to plan, control and manage budgets and cash flow.
11) Broad experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work, including community infrastructure, livelihoods, agriculture, community development and governance, gender mainstreaming, disaster risk reduction and emergency responses
12) Cleary exhibited knowledge of programme/project sustainability and exit strategies
13) Demonstrated ability in preparing well-organised, coherent reports, templates and other documents
14) Experience and strong understanding of security and operating environment in Afghanistan (or a similar conflict-affected context).
15) Proven track record in leading change, motivating, mentoring, coaching and facilitating learning and development of colleagues and partners.
16) Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
1) Master’s degree or higher in rural development or similar
2) At least 5 years of relevant work experience
3) Work in senior advisory or management positions in large Community Driven Development/Rural development projects for a minimum period of 5 years
4) Experience in organizational level strategy development and management
5) Working experience in National Solidarity Programme
Afghanistan - Kabul
In advertising this position, Afghanaid is aiming to identify a firm candidate whose CV will become part of a bit for a CCAP contract. In including a CV in an application Afghanaid makes a firm commitment to employ the selected candidate if it wins the contract and the candidate is also approved by the client.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for someone with ambition and drive looking to move up in their career. Afghanaid’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate about and proud of their work and Afghanaid. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and demonstrated by taking initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities and tasks if necessary. We are results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.
Afghanaid is aiming to fill this position by February 2017 at the latest.
Our remuneration and benefits package is competitive with other similar organisations.
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 29th October 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Operation & Maintenance Supervisor at DACAAR||Kabul||11 Apr 2017|
|Music Director for Children radio program at Equal Access International||Kabul||31 Mar 2017|
|Project Management Specialist (Monitoring and.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Apr 2017|
|Program Manager at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||24 Mar 2017|
|Deputy Consortium Manager at Afghanaid||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Public Finance Manager at APFM||Kabul||26 Mar 2017|
|Public Finance Advisor at APFM||Kabul||26 Mar 2017|