CCAP Provincial Trainer(1005 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The (Citizens Charter Afghanistan Programme) CCAP Provincial Trainer is responsible to plan and deliver quality CCAP trainings to CCAP staff, particularly CCAP Social Organisers and the target communities. The CCAP Provincial Trainer works in a matrix arrangement, administratively reporting CCAP Provincial Manager and functionally reporting to CCAP Chief Trainer whilst coordinating closely with other senior staff of the project to ensure that the CCAP Social Organisers, CDCs and Clusters receive standard, quality and timely capacity building trainings. Social Organisers are under CLDD structure at the provincial and district level. Adult learning approaches.
|Date Posted:||19 Oct 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-29|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible to build the capacity of CCAP staff at the provincial level and the CCAP Social Organisers’ capacity at the district level.
• Provide Training of Trainers (ToT) and adult learning trainings to CCAP Social Organisers.
• Conduct pre and post training assessments of the target audiences.
• To ensure the capacity building activities are effectively delivered to the staff and community development councils (CDCs), Clusters and Civil Servants, to ensure that the communities are more self-reliant and their capacity is strong enough that they can effectively and efficiently implement CCAP in their respective villages/communities.
• Developing, planning and coordinating training activities along with CCAP staff to ensure quality of training is achieved in timely manner.
• Constantly monitoring the impact of the training activities on the CCAP staff and communities with particular attention to the needs of the communities for the CCAP trainings and provide regular feedback and reports to Chief Trainer.
• The monitoring and evaluation of the capacity development component to include inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts against pre-defined indicators. The inputs and outputs of the trainings for each contracted CDC should be recorded on the Input Form for Training.
• Ensuring CCAP training is provided to both male and female community members.
• Maintaining a written record of all community members’ attendance to each training session (disaggregated by gender) and a signature or mark from each participant is collected.
• Ensuring when culturally, religiously and /or traditional norms appropriate to allow joint trainings for men and women, special attention should be paid to the necessary arrangements to be made.
• Ensure that the CDCs Cluster and Social Organisers are mandated to keep record of all formal and informal CCAP training received and report the records to the related manager.
• Raising awareness among women and men in the communities of their rights and procedures for making complaints related to CCAP implementation.
• Work closely with the other Afghanaid staff to ensure a holistic approach on field level to avoid duplication of capacity building interventions and activities.
• To coordinate and share capacity building plans (trainings) with RRD/PMU and apply RRD/PMU approved manual/trainings.
• Ensure compliance and accountability with Afghanaid’s standard operating procedures throughout the implementation process.
• Ensuring all necessary budgeting, narrative reporting and financial accounting of the training programme is completed.
• Ensure that proper mechanisms for cross learning between different CCAP target districts and provinces is in place.
• Develop and maintain a basic data base to record all CCAP and non CCAP trainings and provide the information to related departments.
• Support HR, the CCAP Provincial Manager, and CCAP District Manager in the recruitment of Social Organizers and other related staff.
• Carry out training needs assessments at the community level, including female members of the community and programme design and delivery.
• Assist the DPCs/CCAP District Manager in monitoring the performance of the CCAP training program and in responding to all queries of a technical nature from field staff, the government and other stakeholders.
• Keep the Chief trainer/PPM informed of any significant changes/opportunities in the local environment.
• Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within Afghanaid and externally and support all other staff in doing likewise
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment, adaptability, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Fluency in written English and local language and demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents and reports for diverse audiences.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4) Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
5) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
6) Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
7) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
8) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities
9) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
10) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Education / Experience
The position holder possess a higher secondary school or Bachelor’s degree in rural development, international development, social sciences or other relevant areas as well as extensive relevant professional experience.
1) Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus trainings and certifications completed in relevant field
2) Minimum 3 year of relevant work
3) Work as trainer, monitor or senior social organizer for a minimum period of 3 years in Community Driven Development/Rural development projects
4) At least 2 year work experience in Parwan province
5) Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
6) Experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
7) Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies.
8) Displayed ability in preparing well-organised, coherent reports, templates and other training documents.
9) A consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader.
10) Proven ability and results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
11) Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
1) Bachelor’s degree or higher in rural development or similar
2) At least 3 years of relevant work
3) Work as Trainer of Trainers for a minimum period of 3 years in Community Driven Development/Rural development projects
4) Having work experience in National Solidarity Programme
5) Experience in organisational level capacity development strategy development.
Afghanistan - Parwan
In advertising this position, Afghanaid is aiming to identify a firm candidate whose CV will become part of a bit for a CCAP contract. In including a CV in an application Afghanaid makes a firm commitment to employ the selected candidate if it wins the contract and the candidate is also approved by the client.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for someone with ambition and drive looking to move up in their career. Afghanaid’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate about and proud of their work and Afghanaid. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and demonstrated by taking initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities and tasks if necessary. Afghanaid is results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.
Afghanaid is aiming to fill this position by February 2017 at the latest.
Our remuneration and benefits package is competitive with other similar organisations.
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 29th October 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Outreach and Advocacy Officer at DAI||Kabul||04 Sep 2017|
|Manager Program Management Unit at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||04 Sep 2017|
|University Autonomy Program Manager (UAPM) at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||29 Aug 2017|
|Communication For Education Manager at Afghan Children Reading Project (A..||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|Senior Manager, Scholarships & University Par.. at FHI 360 - USWDP Projec..||Kabul||28 Aug 2017|
|Scholarships Manager at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||28 Aug 2017|
|Research Assistant at BBC Media Action||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Programme Assistant (mVAM Call Operator) at United Nations-World Food Pro..||Kabul||02 Sep 2017|
|TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD at DAI||Kandahar||26 Aug 2017|
|Senior Legal Education Specialist at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||26 Aug 2017|
|Head of Program Analysis at MOIA||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Policy Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/LoG.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Aug 2017|