CHIEF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER(885 Views)
About Aeroparcel, Inc.
Aeroparcel (AP) is the first and largest private parcel company in Afghanistan. AP is committed to modernize the parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations AP plans to be the market share-leader of parcel services in Afghanistan. The company offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that AP services are safe, express and affordable. The main businesses of AP are mail and document delivery, parcel delivery, transportation and logistics solutions, supply chain solutions and e-commerce delivery solutions. AP is a subsidiary company of Investone Corps, Inc. (ICI). ICI is one of the largest holding investment company in Afghanistan with corporate offices situated in several countries.
This is a Business Development role working for one the region's most dynamic courier company. The candidate is responsible for business development activities in Kabul and abroad. He/she is an essential part of the business development and responsible for all the activities related to business development of Aeroparcel. The role is responsible for selling Aeroparcel services to clients within and outside Afghanistan. For the purpose of building market awareness of Aeroparcel services and maintaining awareness of market trends and emerging demands.
With responsibility for both business development and marketing this role requires an individual capable of driving new business opportunities. You will be able to demonstrate a diverse range of sales skills to include business development, account management, networking and excellent presentation skills. This opportunity offers directorship and therefore requires an individual with experience of the courier industry.
You will be a self-starter that wants the opportunity to make the difference and as you will be in a highly visible role within a dynamic growing business there is huge potential for career progression with full P&L responsibility you will be given the autonomy and support to ensure success and great job satisfaction.
The position requires work to develop areas such as sales management, product development, distribution channel management, marketing communications, including advertising and promotions, pricing, market research, and customer service. To sum up, the Chief Business Development Officer position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external marketing plan that would increase revenues and profits. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization.
|Date Posted:||02 Nov 2016||Reference:||AP0030816|
|Closing Date:||02 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Facilitate growth, sales, and marketing strategies to organization.
2. Performs market research and analysis.
3. Development of business proposals, business strategy and business policies etc.
4. Actively call on prospects to identify, qualify, manage and close opportunities in new and targeted accounts
5. Create and manage a robust pipeline of qualified new business opportunities sufficient to meet annual quotas
6. Market calling, prospect selection, activity tracking, and reporting
7. Determines optimum prospect contact strategies and develops approaches to achieve prospect and account goals
8. Provides market expertise and direction to marketing team to maximize lead generation and professionally manage follow-up.
9. Increases industry leadership visibility through speaking engagements.
10. Participate in service provider dialogues for lead generation
11. Implements the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan.
12. Furnishes marketing advice, counsel and general staff support to all departments within the organization.
13. Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
14. Assists in or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new product development.
15. Develops marketing campaigns for new products and services. This includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each.
16. Manages specific corporate programs.
17. Develops brochures or other print or electronic ads to market corporate services.
18. Prepares marketing campaigns for new employees coming on board.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
20. Assists in planning of any event that highlights corporate services.
21. Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents.
22. Performs public speaking to volunteer organizations and committees regarding public relations, marketing and development.
23. Develops and maintains marketing and business development budget.
24. Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning, services units and revenue retention and growth.
25. Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
26. Develops dashboard and reports to highlight areas of focus for leads and opportunity conversion.
27. Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports or as deemed appropriate.
28. Attending meeting on regular interval.
29. Making sure that the investment under his supervision is protected.
30. Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the
effectiveness of activities.
31. Design and implement team building exercises.
32. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. English, Pashto and Dari effective Skills
2. Business Acumen
3. Market Analysis
4. Strategic Thinking
5. Problem Solving/Analysis.
6. Financial Management.
7. Customer/Client Focus.
8. Communication Proficiency.
9. Team Building & Leadership
10. Time Management.
A minimum of a Master’s degree is preferred to work as a Chief Business Development Officer, a professional who drives a company's growth by generating new business opportunities and motivating employees and should be well-versed in critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
MBA programs are tailored toward subspecialties in business; an MBA candidate in a program that emphasizes entrepreneurial business development might take courses in:
1. Managerial communications
2. Competitive intelligence
3. Employment law for managers
4. Conflict resolution and negotiation
5. Knowledge management
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in business administration in related field with 3 years of project/program management experience. Strategic planning for future development is a key part of this job description.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Master’s in Business Administration
MBA or other advanced degree(s) desirable
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Sales/Marketing
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter. Please include the name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject line as (CHIEF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, AP0030816) at submission email provided below . No other documents are need to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Aeroparcel is an equal opportunity employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Marketing Officer at Home Institute||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|Marketing communication Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||27 May 2017|
|Sales and Marketing Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kandahar||26 May 2017|
|Cooperate Sales Supervisor at Unique Atlantic Telecommunication LTD||Kabul||26 May 2017|
|Digital Marketing Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||26 May 2017|
|Brand Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||26 May 2017|
|New Business & Marketing Consultant at Green Olive Consulting Solutions||Kabul||20 May 2017|
|Social Media & Marketing Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|
|Sales Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||28 Apr 2017|
|Marketing & Sales Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||28 Apr 2017|
|Sales & Marketing Officer at Kabul Durokhshan||Kabul||17 May 2017|
|Marketing Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Apr 2017|
|Sales & Marketing Manager at Afghanistan Reliable Technology Services [ A..||Kabul||15 May 2017|
|فروشنده/sales reps at J&Z Ltd||Kabul||06 May 2017|
|Chief Business Development Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||03 May 2017|
|Sales Officer at Asan Networking Services||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|
|Real Estate Sales Agent at Mohib Towers||Balkh||30 Nov 2017|