CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER(1326 Views)
About Aeroparcel, Inc.
Aeroparcel (AP) is the first and largest private parcel company in Afghanistan. AP is committed to modernize the parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations AP plans to be the market share-leader of parcel services in Afghanistan. The company offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that AP services are safe, express and affordable. The main businesses of AP are mail and document delivery, parcel delivery, transportation and logistics solutions, supply chain solutions and e-commerce delivery solutions. AP is a subsidiary company of Investone Corps, Inc. (ICI). ICI is one of the largest holding investment company in Afghanistan with corporate offices situated in several countries.
The CEO of Aeroparcel, Inc. is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the board and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. This is the highest strategic position at Aeroparcel, Inc. He/she is responsible for overall leadership and management of the company. This position reports to General Director of ICI, Board of Directors & Group CEO.
|Date Posted:||02 Nov 2016||Reference:||AP0020816|
|Closing Date:||02 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• A. ROLES OF CEO:
• Advises the Board of directors
• Advocates and promotes organization and stakeholder change related to Aeroparcel’s mission
• Supports motivation of employees in Aeroparcel’s products, programs and operations
Visionary and Information Bearer
• Ensures staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information
• Looks to the future for change opportunities regarding Aeroparcel, Inc.
• Interfaces between Board and employees
• Interfaces between company and community
• Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the board
• Decides or guides courses of action in operations by staff
• Oversees operations of the company
• Implements plans
• Manages human resources of the company
• Manages financial and physical resources of the company
• Assists in the selection and evaluation of board members
• Makes recommendations, supports Board during orientation and self-evaluation
• Supports board's evaluation of chief executive
B. RESPONSIBILITIES OF CEO
Following are the major functions typically addressed by the chief executive officer of Aeroparcel, Inc.
1. Board Administration and Support
Supports operations and administration of board by advising and informing board members, interfacing between board and staff, and supporting board's evaluation of chief executive
2. Program, Product and Service Delivery
• Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services
3. Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management
• Recommends yearly budget for board approval and prudently manages Aeroparcel's resources within those budget guidelines according to current local laws and regulations
4. Human Resource Management
Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current local laws and regulations.
5. Community and Public Relations
Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
Responsible for management of the company’s financing.
3. DETAILS OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• To manage the Aeroparcel, Inc. as per the stated business parameters set by the shareholders and supervisory board of the organization.
• To ensure that the organization remains always compliant with the regulations already issued or being issued from time to time by the country’s regulators that includes Afghanistan Investment Support Agency(AISA), Ministry of Finance(MOF), Ministry of Labor Affairs, or any other Institution entrusted with such responsibilities by the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan(GoIRA).
• To be always mind full of the capital, assets, management, earnings and liquidity of the organization among other key areas of the Aeroparcel.
• To constantly monitor, guide and plan the activities of his/her key subordinates and take corrective actions where necessary in an efficient and timely manner.
• To conduct and regulate the decision making mechanism of the Aeroparcel through board of management of the Aeroparcel of which he/she shall be the chairman.
• To ensure that guidance or approval has been obtained from board of supervisory or bannerol meeting of the shareholders where necessary while managing day to day affairs of the Aeroparcel.
• To ensure that the best possible professionals are hired on the key positions of the Aeroparcel and that they are duly approved through government agencies (if required).
• To ensure that proper job descriptions of his/her key subordinates are in place with the help of HR department and are being adhered to.
• To ensure that proper policy guidelines, procedures and manuals are available for every department of the Aeroparcel.
• To efficiently manage the operations of the organization through the chief operations officer and his/her team.
• To efficiently manage the branch network of the Aeroparcel through chief operations officer and regional branch managers and his/her team.
• To ensure that Licenses and regulatory and management approval are obtained prior to opening of any branch of the Aeroparcel within in and outside Afghanistan.
• To efficiently manage the finance and accounting of the Aeroparcel through the CFO and his/her team.
• To prudently build a viable and secured investment portfolio for the Aeroparcel with the help of COO/risk manager/investment manager/ investment and finance advisor.
• To ensure that the key risk factors of Aeroparcel are being constantly addressed/monitored through his/her team and ensuring timely actions where required.
• To ensure that Aeroparcel systems and other IT systems are in place and are available for rendering various key MIS services to the Aeroparcel with the help of chief IT and MIS officer.
• To ensure that other key areas of Aeroparcel like marketing, security, HR services and admin services are functioning effectively and pro-actively.
• To represent the organization in meetings.
• To ensure that all the mandatory reporting is done efficiently, accurately and timely by the organization to government and other agencies where required.
• To ensure discipline and a code of conduct in Aeroparcel’s per acceptable norms and standards.
• To ensure that all measures for protection of Aeroparcel’s interests are being taken against fraud and forgeries that may include obtaining of Insurance and other necessary steps for tightening of internal controls etc.
• To ensure that appropriate multi- level training is imparted to all the staff of the Aeroparcel in accordance with their experience and seniority.
• To ensure that Aeroparcel has a competitive edge in the market by introducing new innovative services and products within the policy framework & parameters of governmental agencies and Aeroparcel.
• To ensure that complaints from the customers and staff are attended to judiciously and promptly.
• To ensure that any irregularity pointed out by internal audit, external audit and other governmental agencies is addressed immediately and prompt corrective action is taken to regularize the matter.
• To ensure that decisions of the general meeting of the shareholders and board of supervisors are implemented in the organization where possible.
This position reports to General Director of ICI, Board of Directors & Group CEO.
This position manages the senior executive team and is responsible for the performance management and input regarding hiring of senior-level management.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Decision Making
• Performance Management
• Results Driven
• Communication Proficiency.
• Financial Management
• Courier company experience
• Good IT & Computing knowledge
1. Master in Business Administration (MBA), Master in Commerce (M.COM), MSc in Finance & Investment. PhD will be preferred.
2. Extra diploma in shipping or courier management is an advantage.
8-10 years of professional experience with international or national organizations. Private sectors experience especially in courier and shipping industry is highly desirable.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Management
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to HR Manager of Aeroparcel, Inc. at submission emails provided below. Please include the name of position & vacancy No. in the subject line as (CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER-AP0020816). No other documents are need to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Aeroparcel is an equal opportunity employer.
email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|WEE-NPP Program Director at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|Project Assistant at SGRP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|Project Director at SGRP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|Project Coordinator at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||16 Jun 2017|
|HR Director at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||23 Jun 2017|
|Office Manager at Artlords||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|Social Program Manager at ARZU STUDIO HOPE||Bamian||14 Jun 2017|