Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Ghazni(638 Views)
About NEI (Nutrition and Education International)
Nutrition and Education International (NEI) is an international NGO based in Pasadena, CA, USA.
End malnutrition among impoverished women and children living in high mortality regions.
Since 2003 NEI has been developing a sustainable soy industry in Afghanistan as a practical solution to rampant malnutrition among Afghan women and children. NEI is a non-profit organization that implements programs using a corporate mindset, in a fast paced working environment. We collaborate with many Afghan ministries and international food security organizations to provide nutrition to malnourished people. Our current development focus is to create a self-sustainable soy value chain, including seed production, soybean cultivation, soy processing, and market development in Afghanistan. Please visit our website for more information: www.neifoundation.org
Seeds of Hope Rural Youth Development
The primary goals of this program are to:
1). Establish Seeds of Hope Youth Clubs that build the rural youth capacity through agricultural science teachings and positive youth self-development activities.
2). Build the capacity of adults to empower and assist rural youth.
3). Create opportunities for scientific inquiry that develop the skill set of the future agricultural workforce of the nation.
4). Engage the general public in the Seeds of Hope rural youth initiative and encourage adults to support youth development.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2016||Reference:||131|
|Closing Date:||16 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure overall program coordination and implementation of a rural youth development initiative across the selected province.
• Coordinate all logistics of Seeds of Hope Train-the-Trainers presentations.
• Recruit and select Youth Club Leaders and Youth Club members.
• Prepare informative, timely, and accurate activity reports that will be incorporated into overall project reports.
• Provide continuous guidance to staff and Youth Club Leaders.
• Guide and direct team in developing regular plans and ensure smooth implementation of planned activities.
• Assist with developing the Seed of Hope curriculum and improving it following M & E recommendations.
• Develop methods to increase opportunities for participants in the Seeds of Hope Youth Clubs.
• Monitor agriculture and poultry production from Seeds of Hope Youth Club garden plots and farms.
• Develop public engagement methods to promote rural youth wellbeing.
• Assist with local activities such as science fairs, recreational tournaments, mural making, and other social gatherings.
• Manage relationships between stakeholders through ongoing communication and collaboration.
• Represent and permit the missions, values and efforts of NEI in any setting, including personal communications, news media appearance, community events, etc.
• Must have knowledge of how to prepare budgets and implementation of activities according to set budgets.
• Must have managerial and leaderships skills to implement a successful program for youth enrichment.
• Track indicators and write reports on all relevant activities as directed and respond to information requests.
• Fluency and professional writing ability in the English language.
• Fluency in both Dari and Pashtu languages.
• Proficiency in use of computers especially MS Office suites and knowledge and skills in data collection and data analysis.
• Well organized, creative, proactive, strong management and problem-solving skills.
• Prior work with grant management for an NGO.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• B.S. degree from recognized faculty of agriculture, education, or youth development.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in similar position in a relevant field.
• Previous experience with rural youth development and education.
Afghanistan - Ghazni: Provincial Center (GHAZNI)
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
All resumes and cover letters may be e-mailed to submission email:
Only Ghazni qualified applicants can apply for this position other provinces applicants will be automatically reject from interview consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Livestock Specialist at Agroindust||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Logar at NEI (Nutrition and Educatio..||Logar||16 Dec 2016|
|Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Assistan.. at NEI (Nutrition and Edu..||Logar||16 Dec 2016|
|Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Assistan.. at NEI (Nutrition and Edu..||Ghazni||16 Dec 2016|
|Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Daikundi.. at NEI (Nutrition and Edu..||Daikondi||16 Dec 2016|
|Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Assistan.. at NEI (Nutrition and Edu..||Daikondi||16 Dec 2016|
|Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Bamayan at NEI (Nutrition and Educat..||Bamian||16 Dec 2016|
|Seeds of Hope Provincial Coordinator Assistan.. at NEI (Nutrition and Edu..||Bamian||16 Dec 2016|