Senior, Experienced Education consultant for a corruption Vulnerability Analysis in the Afghan Ministry of Education.(484 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the International Community. This independence ensures that MEC is capable of carrying out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of 3 Afghan and 3 international Anti-Corruption Experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every six months, with interim reports being issued on an ad hoc basis.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Education Consultant will be to support MEC’s Ministry-Wide Vulnerability to Corruption Assessment (MVCA) examining the Afghan Ministry of Education (MOE) operations in Kabul and selected provinces. This is an exciting, groundbreaking study on a difficult but crucial topic, which is hugely reducing the effectiveness of education of children across the country. The analysis is being conducted with the full support of the Education Minister.
The MVCA will be a holistic review and analysis of the entire MOE, including an assessment of the corruption vulnerabilities in the provision of services, legal and institutional frameworks, key functions, interaction with the main stakeholders of the education sector, human-resources systems, internal oversight and audit regime, information-management systems, and management and leadership – all with a focus on corruption and practical measures to mitigate such corruption. The MVCA will also look at ways to improve public service delivery via reduced corruption, enhance integrity in the education sector and enable external stakeholders to more effectively fight corruption. The work will mostly proceed via semi-structured interviews, but will also involve analysis of the institutional, policy and legal arrangements of the MOE, investigating the experiences of donors, and desk research on the many corruption issues that have happened in the MOE, and analysis.
|Date Posted:||16 Nov 2016||Reference:||003MEC|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||15 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Senior Education consultant will bring high caliber international expertise in education policies, practices and reforms in developing countries to the project
• The Senior Education Consultant will work closely with and assist the Lead Consultant and support the two working teams (each of 4-5 members).
• The Senior Education Consultant will be required to be present in Kabul for 4 weeks at the start of the project, to set up the interview and analysis methodologies. He or she will then again be present in Kabul for 4 weeks towards the end of the project during the analysis phase. A futher 4 weeks of working time is envisaged for desk working from home.
• The overall project duration is expected to be 7 months, starting in January 2017 and completing in August 2017
• The engagement of the senior education consultant is expected to be about 70 days in total, part in Kabul and part from home. The final number of working days will depend on the agreed-upon timeframe and schedule of the Lead Consultant, Expert Consultant, and MEC team.
• The Senior Education consultant is expected to contribute substantially to the methodology that will accurately assess MOE’s vulnerabilities to corruption.
• Assist in writing the final In-Depth Report (in English) and proposing recommendations to address problems identified therein.
• The Senior Education Consultant will not be expected to complete, nor be reimbursed for, any tasks performed outside of his or her expected work-days.
• The format, content, and length of the MVCA can be changed at any time with the approval of the MEC Executive Director.
• Support the Lead Consultant and Expert Consultant in designing tools to collect information from the MOE staff via interviews, document analysis, and the review of quantitative data.
A detailed project outline is available on request
The Senior Education Consultant must have the following qualifications:
• University degree in education or a related field;
• A minimum of fifteen years of senior experience in the education sector; preferably in a range of developing countries.
• Knowledge of research methodologies is a significant plus.
• Experience in Afghanistan is an advantage, but not essential
• Ability to work in a politicized environment on a highly sensitive topic
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment in a challenging, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment;
• It is an asset, but not essential, if the consultant has oral and written Dari and/or Pashto,
• High quality report writing skills in English.
Applications from both international education experts and Afghan education experts are welcomed.
The Senior Education Consultant will report formally to the MEC Executive Director, but in practice will work mostly to the MOE lead consultant.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way: "LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to
with the subject line “Senior, Experienced Education consultant” by Dec 06, 2016.
|More jobs in this category|
|کارمند خدماتی at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||30 Jan 2017|
|Re-Announce -Recruitment Assistant at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Health Care Waste Management (HCWM) Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Commerce and Trade Specialist (National) at Afghanistan Capacity Building..||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Head of Program Management Information System at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Senior Hydro Geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Senior Contract Management Specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Liaison Officer Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Legal Advisor Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Administration Officer (Informati.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|رئیس پلان وقوانین at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس مراقبت های صحی کوچی .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اقتصاد وتمویل صحت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Program Management Specialist FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Gardener FSN - 02 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Website Editor at APFM||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|مسوول تدارکات at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic R..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Network Engineer (Technology Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affairs o..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Software Engineer (Technology Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affairs ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Officer (Procurement Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affai..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Finance Officer at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|کارگر خدماتی at Capital Region Independent Development Authori..||Kabul||16 Jan 2017|
|Guard at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Servant (خادمه) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Coffee Maker(قهوه ساز) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|English and TOEFL iBT instructors at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Sr. Gender Advisor at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|ARCHITECT FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اکمال تخصص at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Senior Financial and Economic risk analyst fo.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|مدیریت عمومی at قصر عروسی یونایتید||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|OSE Media Analyst (base salary is equivalent .. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||21 Jan 2017|
|Business Development Head at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Cashier at DABS||Kabul||23 Jan 2017|
|HVAC Technician FSN-5 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||16 Jan 2017|
|Manager Internal Audit at Etisalat Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|Senior Manager Internal Audit (Finance & Oper.. at Etisalat Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|