Senior, Experienced Education consultant for a corruption Vulnerability Analysis in the Afghan Ministry of Education.(365 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the International Community. This independence ensures that MEC is capable of carrying out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of 3 Afghan and 3 international Anti-Corruption Experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every six months, with interim reports being issued on an ad hoc basis.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Education Consultant will be to support MEC’s Ministry-Wide Vulnerability to Corruption Assessment (MVCA) examining the Afghan Ministry of Education (MOE) operations in Kabul and selected provinces. This is an exciting, groundbreaking study on a difficult but crucial topic, which is hugely reducing the effectiveness of education of children across the country. The analysis is being conducted with the full support of the Education Minister.
The MVCA will be a holistic review and analysis of the entire MOE, including an assessment of the corruption vulnerabilities in the provision of services, legal and institutional frameworks, key functions, interaction with the main stakeholders of the education sector, human-resources systems, internal oversight and audit regime, information-management systems, and management and leadership – all with a focus on corruption and practical measures to mitigate such corruption. The MVCA will also look at ways to improve public service delivery via reduced corruption, enhance integrity in the education sector and enable external stakeholders to more effectively fight corruption. The work will mostly proceed via semi-structured interviews, but will also involve analysis of the institutional, policy and legal arrangements of the MOE, investigating the experiences of donors, and desk research on the many corruption issues that have happened in the MOE, and analysis.
|Date Posted:||16 Nov 2016||Reference:||003MEC|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||15 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Senior Education consultant will bring high caliber international expertise in education policies, practices and reforms in developing countries to the project
• The Senior Education Consultant will work closely with and assist the Lead Consultant and support the two working teams (each of 4-5 members).
• The Senior Education Consultant will be required to be present in Kabul for 4 weeks at the start of the project, to set up the interview and analysis methodologies. He or she will then again be present in Kabul for 4 weeks towards the end of the project during the analysis phase. A futher 4 weeks of working time is envisaged for desk working from home.
• The overall project duration is expected to be 7 months, starting in January 2017 and completing in August 2017
• The engagement of the senior education consultant is expected to be about 70 days in total, part in Kabul and part from home. The final number of working days will depend on the agreed-upon timeframe and schedule of the Lead Consultant, Expert Consultant, and MEC team.
• The Senior Education consultant is expected to contribute substantially to the methodology that will accurately assess MOE’s vulnerabilities to corruption.
• Assist in writing the final In-Depth Report (in English) and proposing recommendations to address problems identified therein.
• The Senior Education Consultant will not be expected to complete, nor be reimbursed for, any tasks performed outside of his or her expected work-days.
• The format, content, and length of the MVCA can be changed at any time with the approval of the MEC Executive Director.
• Support the Lead Consultant and Expert Consultant in designing tools to collect information from the MOE staff via interviews, document analysis, and the review of quantitative data.
A detailed project outline is available on request
The Senior Education Consultant must have the following qualifications:
• University degree in education or a related field;
• A minimum of fifteen years of senior experience in the education sector; preferably in a range of developing countries.
• Knowledge of research methodologies is a significant plus.
• Experience in Afghanistan is an advantage, but not essential
• Ability to work in a politicized environment on a highly sensitive topic
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment in a challenging, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment;
• It is an asset, but not essential, if the consultant has oral and written Dari and/or Pashto,
• High quality report writing skills in English.
Applications from both international education experts and Afghan education experts are welcomed.
The Senior Education Consultant will report formally to the MEC Executive Director, but in practice will work mostly to the MOE lead consultant.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way: "LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to
with the subject line “Senior, Experienced Education consultant” by Dec 06, 2016.
|More jobs in this category|
|Cook/ Cleaner at Laarmal Holdings Ltd||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Cleaner at DABS||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Cleaner at DABS||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Reporter at BBC World Service||Khost||20 Dec 2016|
|Data Collection Consultant for Gender Impact .. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Multi Cities||17 Dec 2016|
|Aluminum Production manager at Mohib Advance Design Construction Company||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|English Techer/Instructor at Muslim English Language Programme||Multi Cities||30 Dec 2016|
|Tendering Senior Advisor for PPP Unit at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||14 Dec 2016|
|Monitoring and Performance Advisor for PPP Un.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||14 Dec 2016|
|Public Private Partnership Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership D..||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|GIS Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|VCA Team Leader at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||12 Dec 2016|
|Authors at Women and Peace Studies Organization||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|
|صفاکار تخنیکی at DABS||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Herat||13 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Balkh||13 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Project Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|
|Office Cleaner at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Project Officer at Afghanistan National Participation Organization||Kabul||08 Dec 2016|
|کارگرفنی at DABS||Baghlan||10 Dec 2016|
|شفتکار بند آب at DABS||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|Project Evaluation and Coordination Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of Reporting and Relations Department at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of MoUs and Agreements at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of Consultant Coordination Department at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Document Translation Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Data base Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Cooperation for Higher Education at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Information Assistant at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Pre-School and Grades 1-3 Teachers at Afghanistan International School||Nangarhar||10 Dec 2016|
|Lead Consultant for a corruption vulnerabilit.. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Team Leader for the IT at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Project Manager (National Single Windows for .. at Ghani Consultancy Serv..||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Anti-Fraud Security Investigator FSN-09 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||31 Dec 2016|