Finance Specialist(2056 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
The Finance Specialist will assist the Finance Manager/Deputy Chief of Party for Finance and Administration (DCOP-F&A) in overall administrative and financial management for effective and efficient project implementation. This position is based in the WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan
|Date Posted:||23 Nov 2016||Reference:||WLD-065|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1- Responsible for managing overall accounting and financial control systems, including QuickBooks.
2- Ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards.
3- Manage bookkeeping, bank accounts, and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for implementation.
4- Maintain fiscal monitoring controls on petty cash, bank accounts, and procurement integrity.
5- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of regular payroll and all other scheduled and intermittent payments authorized for staff, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, and other payees. Balance payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies as needed.
6- Engage directly with all units, including the Curriculum Development and Training Unit (CDTU), Integrated Services Unit (ISU), Contract/Procurement/Grants Unit (CPGU), and Independent Compliance and Audit Unit, on presentation of billing and invoices, providing instruction and review as required for proper execution of project financial management policies.
7- Manage timely reconciliation of travel advances for staff, consultants, and other short-term assistance. Liaise with HR Manager on travel advance reconciliation prior to employee or consultant separation.
8- Assist the DCOP F&A in preparation of monthly financial statements and management information and ensure timely preparation and submission according to internal and external delivery schedules.
9- Support tracking of taxes paid to the GoIRA through local purchases and preparation of required reports for USAID as needed.
10- Maintain regular contact with Tetra Tech Home Office support staff including Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager, Project Accountant/Billing Specialist, and other assigned staff.
11- Liaise with the Tetra Tech Project Accountant/Billing Specialist on accounting issues as needed to ensure compliance with Tetra Tech policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
12- Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
13- The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
The Finance Specialist will report directly to the Finance Manager or his/her designee and work in close coordination with COP, DCOP-Operation, Tetra Tech Project Manager, and Tetra Tech Deputy Project Managers as needed. Direct reporting may change according to project needs.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
• Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties.
• Proficient in accounting software, in particular QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Word.
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in accounting, finance, administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience serving in an equivalent position requiring financial and administrative capacity.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Subject line must be: (Finance Specialist - WLD -065)
Women's are highly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر محاسبه مواد at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه عواید at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|