Urban Upgrading Consultant- National(588 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit a qualified Urban Upgrading Consultant for Ministry of Urban Development Affairs to work at the Urban Upgrading Director in MuDA with the following duties and responsibilities
Under the instruction of Urban Upgrading Director, The Urban Upgrading Consultant will be responsible for the development of a legitimate mechanism to review and identify the problem of unplanned areas and provide reasonable solutions, develop appropriate procedures in accordance with the available approved laws and regulations of the media and other legal papers.
|Date Posted:||19 Nov 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-084|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
• Supporting & Assisting the director in preparation of the working plans in accordance with the directorate of upgrading of unplanned areas in accordance with the applicable laws, regulations and strategies of the Ministry of Urban Development affairs specific goals and objectives
• Providing fundamental advice in relation to developing programs for major national programs for urban planning in major cities of the country
• Providing assistance and advice in relation to development, working plans for the directorate of upgrading the unplanned areas in accordance with the plan, strategic goals and policies of the Ministry of Urban Development
• Providing assistance and advice to the director to reflect the problems and challenges of this directorate
• Providing assistance and advice to the relevant director in the area of business process simplification related to this directorate
• Revision of working programs and taking care of drawbacks in these programs
• Assisting the director of Upgrading in leading and monitoring the development and implementation of annual work plans and ensuring coordination and alignment of the directorate programs with the objectives of MUDA.
• Capacity development of employees in various working areas.
• Identifying realistic strategic objectives for the directorate of upgrading
• Developing policy and procedure on how to deal with the unplanned areas
• Developing the capacity of civil servant employees of the department
The advisor for settlement directorate would have the following:
• Bachelor and/or Master degree in civil engineering, architecture urban planning and urban management.
• 5 years of experience in urban management and urban planning
• Familiarity with one of the national languages and an excellent command of the English language is necessary
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
• Acting as a team player and facilitated the team work
• Expertise in providing constructive feedback time to time on the overall performance of the directorate
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Architecture
Interested candidates should submit their applications by email or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Attn: HR Unit – MoF PSU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|International consultant for hospital guideli.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||03 May 2017|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Information and Culture||Kabul||10 May 2017|