MEDICAL DOCTORS (ER/ICU)(720 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting 3 Medical Doctors for the ER and ICU departments for different posts and to reinforce its pool of replacement.
|Date Posted:||19 Nov 2016||Reference:||160|
|Closing Date:||01 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||50235 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
To provide good quality care and treatment to all patients in the ER
• Follows the triage criteria to separate the emergency cases from non-emergency cases and to direct the patient flow accordingly
• Ensures the correct management of the emergency cases
• Ensures good documentation of the patient clinical findings, vital signs monitoring and rational prescription in line with the protocols
• Ensures good communications amongst doctors, other medical personnel, ED staffs, patients and patients’ family
• Carries-out the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative surgical data, using routine data collected, patient file to monitor quality
• Supports the training of the paramedical staff in order to ensure the knowledge required is adequate and to improve the overall management of patients (triage, diagnostic and early detection of complications etc)
• Knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
• Supports other medical teams/wards when needed: nurses, colleagues in another departments, ED staff etc
• EPREP: knows the case definitions of relevant infectious diseases and informs the supervisor immediately when cases of relevant infectious diseases are suspected
• Participates in simulations of - and in the event of a mass casualty incident
working experience in an Emergency Room or Intensive Care Unit, Orthopedic Surgery or Pediatrics Department
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
1. Essential: Medical Doctor Diploma registered with Afghan Ministry of Health.
2. Pashtu, Dari and English language skills (speaking, reading and writing)
3. Willingness to work during day- and nightshifts, and during the weekend
4. Minimum 1 year working experience in an Emergency Room or Intensive Care Unit, Orthopedic Surgery or Pediatrics Department
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
The gross salary for this position is 50,235 AFN (non-negotiable).
The staff will be under MSF contract and work according to the office hours (40H per week).
Afghanistan - Helmand
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Thursday the 1st of December at 1 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Helmand project via:
- In a sealed envelope at Bost Hospital, main entrance, Application box
The reference Medical Doctor ER/ICU must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
|Food Packager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Screener/Measurer/Registrar at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|داکتر) متخصص) آنکولوژی دا.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|نرس آنکولوژی at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|Post Marketing Surveillance Advisor Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Feb 2017|
|Medical Officer ( Blood Bank ) at French Medical Institute for Mothers an..||Kabul||15 Mar 2017|
|پروگرام آموزشی، اکمال تخ.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|
|MEDICAL DOCTOR (MALE ONLY) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Nurse (Male/Female) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Postgraduate Medical Education Residency Prog.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|