Hospital Human Resource Management Advisor(595 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
Since 2002 three main donors of health sector, namely, The European Union (EU), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the World Bank (WB) have played a pivotal role in financing health services and health system development in Afghanistan. Significant improvements have been made in the health sector of Afghanistan. Improvements are seen in the access to key maternal health services such as antenatal care (32% in 2006 to 54% in 2012) and institutional deliveries (15% in 2006 to 40% in 2012). Despite these major accomplishments, many challenges remain. For instance, full immunization coverage of children has not increased in the past half-decade regardless of the investments made in the Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI).
SEHAT is jointly financed by the World Bank, EU and the USAID. It is financing the implementation of the BPHS and EPHS through contracting out and contracting in arrangements both in rural and urban areas in provinces the project is also strengthening the national health system and MOPH’s capacity at central and provincial levels, so it can effectively perform its stewardship functions in the sector.
The government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan with the help of international assistance has made great progress in improving primary health care. From an epidemiological and cost effectiveness perspective, this is as it should be. The first priority of any national health system should be to make the greatest impact on reducing morbidity and mortality. There reaches a point however, where greater attention needs to be placed on the hospital sector. For serious illnesses and injuries, survival is only being possible through medical and surgical interventions in hospitals.
Scope of work: The specialist will be responsible for improving the human resource management of Kabul National hospitals according to rule and regulation of MOPH/GDHR.
Objective: • To improve provision of hospital services at national and specialty hospitals by converting them to public autonomous organizations
• To rationalized the current national hospital human recourses allocation and utilization with coordination of GDHR
|Date Posted:||19 Nov 2016||Reference:||Hos/HR/Mgm/Ad/CM|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities: • Development and execution of hospital HR planning (including HR development)
• Helping with the hospital management team in HR rationalization
• Assisting with the hospital in HR policy development
• Assisting with the establishment of computerized data base and conducting timely HR evaluation process
• Conducting regularly on job training to related HRM staff of the hospital
• Development and implementation of rationalized shift duties system
• Development of guideline and procedure manual for Hospital HRM
• Conducting regular on quarterly bases assessment of hospital HRM staff (competency based assessment)
• Conducting planned refreshing training (based on the assessment once per year)
• Assisting the hospital related staff on regular analysing the hospital information, HR data, reporting and coordination with the relevant departments
• Submitting the monthly, quarterly and annual base financial report to GDCM.
• Development of CME implementation plan in agreement with the relevant stakeholders
• Give report on the ability of relevant hospital HRM staff to perform their HRM management independently.
• Any other tasks assigned by the GDCM and relevant hospital for improving hospital autonomy progress
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language and fluent in a local language;
• Demonstrate computer skills (Ms. Office Package).
Qualifications and experience: • Having Bachelor degree from a recognized institution (degree confirmed by MoHE of Afghanistan) .
• At least 5 years post-graduation experiences in human resource management at the government, or UN agencies or Non-governmental organizations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language and fluent in a local language;
• Demonstrate computer skills (Ms. Office Package).
Deliverables: • Standard operating procedures for hospitals have been established.
• A functional computerizes HR data-base/filing system for hospitals are available.
• A rationalized shift duty system established in central hospitals.
• Execution of hospital HR planning is available and HR capacity has been developed.
• Human resources on job and refresher trainings have been contacted.
• Guideline and procedures manual are developed.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:Mr. Mustafa Sirat, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-794-217733
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mustafa Sirat) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hospital Human Resource Management Advisor R.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Food Packager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Screener/Measurer/Registrar at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Medical Officer ( Blood Bank ) at French Medical Institute for Mothers an..||Kabul||15 Mar 2017|
|پروگرام آموزشی، اکمال تخ.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|
|MEDICAL DOCTOR (MALE ONLY) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Nurse (Male/Female) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||21 Mar 2017|
|Postgraduate Medical Education Residency Prog.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|