Transport Infrastructure Consultant (National)(1337 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
The Senior Transport Infrastructure Consultant will be based in the Ministry of Economy under the supervision of H.E. Minister. The Consultant will make the necessary measurements to ensure the quality of the projects work in Transport Infrastructure field. S/He provides technical advices on Transport Infrastructure agendas to the Minister of Economy in order to support proper and on-time implementation of the projects that will promote economic development in Afghanistan. The Consultant will provide necessary technical support and upskill technical staff of the Ministry of Economy in assessments of transport infrastructure planning. The consultant will review the detailed projects designs and compared to site conditions.
|Date Posted:||19 Nov 2016||Reference:||CBR- 95 – 105|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Critically review current policies in the field of Transport Infrastructure to identify baseline, gaps, and opportunities for improvement;
2. Assist the ministry in developing and facilitation of plans for Transport Infrastructure;
3. Assist the ministry in developing a strategic plan for the Transport Infrastructure in line with the vision of the ministry of economy;
4. Assist the ministry in revising the Transport Infrastructure policies and provide recommendations for improvement;
5. Establish an effective coordination between ministry of economy and relevant sectorial institutions/ministries for achievement of the expected results;
6. Identification of infrastructural sharing aspects of the Transport Infrastructure sector with other relevant institutions;
7. Assess different stages of project cycle (planning, design, financing and implementation) with due consideration to environmental protection;
8. Develop an appropriate project implementation mechanism for effective and efficient purposes;
9. Prepare quarterly consolidated report of activities and progress made in the sector of Transport Infrastructure to the leadership of MoEC;
10. Assist the technical team and senior officials in analyzing reports and proposals from relevant ministries, partner organization and stakeholders;
11. Supervise technical team of the MoEc in the field of Transport Infrastructure and provide professional advises to the leadership of MoEc;
12. Prepare standard annual work plan for the MoEc on Transport Infrastructure issues;
13. Any other task assigned by the leadership of MoEC as deemed necessary.
1. A comprehensive assessment on Transport Infrastructure sector conducted;
2. Based on the assessment, detailed information on Transport Infrastructure planning and activities at the country level developed;
3. An inclusive report of the Transport Infrastructure activities on quarterly basis prepared at national level;
4. An effective coordination mechanism among all relevant ministries/institutions established and maintained;
5. A standard work plan for the ministry on assessing the existing policies and strategies, analysis and reporting system, developed;
Demonstrated ability to analyze, formulate sector and sub-sector policies, strategies and programs;
Experience in advising senior government officials on project cycle management;
A demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders through effective working relationships and good communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with high level counterparts;
Excellent written and spoken English is essential;
Computer Skills is required.
Master degree in Transport Infrastructure, civil engineering, architectural engineering, civil aviation engineering and other relevant disciplines (Ph.D in the relevant field is preferred);
7 years relevant working experience in higher positions for bachelor and Master degree with 5 years (policy analysis, policy development and capacity development);
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Attn: HR Unit – MoF PSU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|