Senior Road & Railway Designing Consultant - National(616 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit a qualified Senior Road and Railway designing Consultant - National for Ministry of Economy to work at Project Development Directorate
The senior Road and Railway designing Consultant - National will be based in the Project Development Directorate at Ministry of Economy, under the supervision of Project Development directorate. The Consultant is to facilitate and accelerate proper evaluation of designing of Road and Railway projects through technical assistance (TA) responsive to the particular issues encountered by ministry of public works. The outcome is “Enhanced management of Road and Railway development at the MoPW, entities. The Consultant will have enough temporal capacities to support the Ministry in identifying the key problems and recommend to successful planning, designing and implementation of Road and Railway projects. The consultant will work together with the Senior Officials, and other technical staff in the Ministry to enhance quality of performances
|Date Posted:||19 Nov 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-100|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare regular work plan to coordinate, facilitate, regulate and manage all aspects of Road and Railway projects in coordination with MoPW
2. Carry out technical analysis of the design of Road and Railway projects and provide technical inputs accordingly in meeting the policy aspect of the MoEc
3. support and facilitate the activities of project development directorate to achieve the expected results as per the mandates of the relevant stakeholders
4. Facilitate and coordinate regarding in various aspect of project cycle such as planning designing, implementation, and evaluation of road and railway projects; and share the reliable data with related stakeholders
5. Critically review and assess existing policies and the country’s infrastructure planning in the context of the region and the country’s development objectives and provide policy options;
6. provide technical inputs regarding design, construction, or program modifications of Road and Railway projects;
7. Review the social and environmental impacts assessment of road and railway projects with consultation of related department in MoEC;
8. Develop quarter and annual reports on status or road/ railway projects across the country in order to address the challenges and recommendations;
9. Periodic analysis of private sector engagement in this sector and public private partnerships.
10. Conduct midterm evaluation road/railway projects which are lasting more than 3 years;
11. Assist the technical team and senior officials in design analyses of Road and Railway projects.
12. Develop and implement a mentorship program for knowledge sharing and the active involvement of technical staff of the Ministry, in project cycle management;
13. Be responsible for the assigned tasks directed by the H.E Minister;
Annual work plan developed;
Develop a mechanism for the MoEc. To ensure it can measure the relevant projects of the MoPW and can provide accurate reliable data to MoEc. Leadership
Collecting reliable data to develop Quarterly assessment report of road and railway projects prepared;
Reports of the critical reviews of the existing Road and Railway projects prepared regularly;
An Effective communication and coordination strategy among MoEC, MoPW, ADB and other international, national and sub-national stakeholders;
Capacity Building Trainings on the design process of Road and Railway projects conducted;
Master degree in Road and Railway Designing Engineering, Civil Engineering (Ph.D. in the relevant field, international universities, and female candidates are preferred);
7 years relevant working experience in higher positions of road/railway designing and construction;
Experience in advising senior government officials on Road and Railway designing of projects;
Road/railway projects evaluation skills;
Ability to travel to provinces;
A demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders through effective working relationships and good communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
Excellent written and spoken English is essential;
Computer Skills is required.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelop the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
|More jobs in this category|
|International consultant for hospital guideli.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||28 May 2017|
|Proposal Writer at Plan Future Consultancy Services||Kabul||07 Jun 2017|