Urban Development Consultant (National)(690 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit a qualified Urban Development Consultant (National) for Ministry of Economy to work at the office of minister.
The Senior Urban Development Consultant will be based in the Ministry of Economy under the supervision of H.E. Minister. The Consultant will make the necessary measurements to ensure the quality of the projects work in urban development field. S/He provides technical advices on urban development agendas to the Minister of Economy in order to support proper and on-time implementation of the projects that will promote economic development in Afghanistan. The Consultant will provide necessary technical support and upskill technical staff of the Ministry of Economy in assessments of urban planning. The consultant will review the detailed projects designs compare it to site conditions.
|Date Posted:||19 Nov 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-106|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Critically review current policies in the field of urban development to identify baseline, gaps, and opportunities for improvement;
2. Assist the ministry in development of strategic plan for the urban development in line with the vision of the ministry of economy and GoIRA leadership;
3. Assist the ministry in revising the urban development policies and provide recommendations for improvement;
4. Establish an effective coordination between ministry of economy and relevant sectorial institutions/ministries for achievement mechanism of the expected results;
5. Identification of infrastructural sharing aspects of the urban development sector with other relevant institutions;
6. Develop an appropriate project implementation mechanism for effective and efficient purposes;
7. Prepare quarterly consolidated report of activities and progress made in the sector of urban development to the leadership of MoEC;
8. Assist the technical team and senior officials in analyzing reports and proposals from relevant ministries, partner organization and stakeholders;
9. Supervise technical team of the MoEc in the field of urban development and provide professional advises to the leadership of MoEc;
10. Prepare standard annual work plan for the MoEc on urban development issues;
11. Any other task assigned by the leadership of MoEC as deemed necessary.
1. A comprehensive assessment on urban development sector conducted;
2. Based on the assessment, detailed information on urban development planning and activities at the country level developed;
3. An effective coordination mechanism among all relevant ministries/institutions established;
4. Develop a standard work plan for the ministry on assessing the existing policies and strategies, analysis and reporting system in consultation with the Senior Officials of the Ministry;
5. A standard strategic plan for the urban Sector is developed.
Bachelor or Master degree in development practice, urban development, civil engineering, architectural engineering and other relevant disciplines (Ph.D in the relevant field is preferred);
7 years relevant working experience in higher positions for bachelor and Master degree with 5 years (policy analysis, policy development and capacity development);
A Demonstrating ability to analyze, formulate sector and sub-sector policies, strategies and programs;
A demonstrating ability to influence key stakeholders through effective working relationships and good communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with high level counterparts;
Excellent written and spoken English is essential;
Computer Skills is required.
Reporting & Supervision: The Urban Development consultant will report to the Minister
Duration: the duration of the position would be for one year possibility of extension depending upon performance with a 3 month probationary period.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Attn: HR Unit – MoF PSU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for Application:
December 03, 2016
The Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing chances for employment to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic almost universally considered to be protected by law.
|More jobs in this category|
|International consultant for hospital guideli.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||28 May 2017|
|Proposal Writer at Plan Future Consultancy Services||Kabul||07 Jun 2017|