Policy & Poverty Reduction Consultant - National(390 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit a qualified Policy and Poverty Reduction Consultant - National for Ministry of Economy
The Policy and Poverty Reduction Consultant - National is working under the direct supervision of the Director of Economic Policy (DEP) of Ministry of Economy. S/he will play a lead and technical role in analysis of the economic activities at the provincial level and develop the periodic analytical reports. The consultant will play a key role to move the agenda of sub-national economic activities into national policies, strategies and plans. The incumbent has to strengthen the capacity of economic policy team of MoEc for economic analysis. The post holder should be willing to visit different government and non-government organizations as might be required.
|Date Posted:||19 Nov 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-098|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develop and introduce new methods, manuals, tools, guidelines, standards and processes for production of comprehensive poverty reduction report;
2) Develop regular poverty analysis that will include poverty reduction recommendations;
3) Support drafting country level poverty status report as well as policy options and recommendations;
4) Facilitate the secretariat functions of the PAPC;
5) Draft Economic and Social development Progress reports as well as any other reports, policy papers or analyses as required in poverty reduction and policy area only
6) Contribute to the progress of periodic review and analysis of the national economic policy and strategy in regard to the poverty area only
7) Prepare regular progress reports on the implementation of the economic policy and strategy by the relevant sectorial ministries and government agencies;
8) Evaluate the impact of the sectorial economic policies on each other;
9) Undertake the providing the periodic review and analysis of the poverty status at provincial levels;
10) Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
11) Helps the Policy Directorate in conducting taskforce meetings, preparing agenda, preparing and delivering presentations as required;
1) Facilitates coordination and cooperation in technical capacities for safe guarding and promoting knowledge and capacity in pursuing the DEP’s mandates on policy and poverty analysis.
2) Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the Director of Economic Policy.
• Poverty Analytical Report is developed
• Policies Analytical Report is prepared
• Develop the guidelines and manual for poverty and policy analysis
• Master degree in Economics, Statistics and other relevant disciplines (PhD in the relevant field international universities graduates and females are preferred);
• 7years relevant working experience in in economic and poverty analysis analytical fields;
• Knowledge of economic and political situation of the country, regional and international organizations.
• Good understanding of Afghanistan planning process.
• Application of IT skills relevant to statistical analysis, including advanced spreadsheet analysis, STATA and/or other applications.
• Strong English Speaking, Writing and Reading abilities,
• Skill of report writing, analytical reasoning and presentation
Duration: the duration of the position would be for one year with possibility of extension depending upon performance with a 3 month probationary period.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Economic Growth
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Attn: HR Unit – MoF PSU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for Application:
The Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing chances for employment to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic almost universally considered to be protected by law.
|More jobs in this category|
|Survey and Studies Consultant - National at Afghanistan Capacity Building..||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|Business Consultant at 3D Consulting||Multi Cities||05 Jan 2017|
|Contract Services Officer at Arianna Professional Logistic Services||Multi Cities||20 Dec 2016|
|Marketing Officer at Afghan Cyber ISP||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|