Property Operations Assistant(1969 Views)
United States Agency for International Development
The Property Operations Assistant is responsible for the overall operations of the Property Management Section and its resources. Directly or indirectly incumbent supervises all six (6) property management staff. Ensures that all the United State Government (USG) property is received, stored, distributed, and disposed of according to regulation and that all property documentation is accurate and up-to-date. Acts as USAID Property Manager for the large New Jersey off-site Embassy warehouse compound. Coordinates and liaises with other Embassy sections and is the main point of contact for customer service issues for American and Local Employed Staff (LES).
|Date Posted:||20 Nov 2016||Reference:||USAID/306/17/06/OM|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
New Jersey Warehouse Property Management:
Responsible for the overall management of the USAID/Afghanistan property stored at the New Jersey Embassy/ICASS off-site warehouse complex. Ensures that USAID/Afghanistan containers stored on the compound are organized, clean, and maintained to establish ICASS Standards, and are placed in the space allocated for USAID/Afghanistan. Has the authority to direct non-property staff regarding all issues related to management of USAID property located at the New Jersey warehouse compound.
- Has primary responsibility for coordinating the activities of all the subordinate Property
- Ensures all property transactions are according to USG rules and regulations.
- Spot checks inventories and recordings in all Property Management storage facilities.
- Is responsible for safeguarding all resources and properties from mismanagement and abuse.
- Overall leader of the Property Management Section and direct interface to the D/Executive Officer (D/EXO).
- Supervises the Mission’s personal Property Management Program and is responsible for the overall operations of the Property Management Section and is in charge of the general management of Property Management Section resources.
- Is responsible for coordination and allocation of resources in the Property Management Section for economic and efficient utilization.
- Supervises and inspects all Property Management operations from receiving to disposal of property.
- Ensures that personal property is accounted for appropriately; ensures that Property Management personnel are maintaining property records.
- Develops and revise Standard Operational Procedures for the Mission’s Property Management as required.
- Advises the Deputy/EXO in determining appropriate disposal method, e.g., sale, transfer or destruction of USG property.
- Supervises disposal and destruction of USG property.
- Manages receipts, issuing, custody, storage, record keeping, usage, maintenance, survey, disposal and inventorying of expendable and non-expendable property.
- Ensures that stock levels are tracked and procurement requests are initiated to maintain stock levels needed for the smooth operation and maintains control of stock inventory to insure the total investment is kept to a minimum consistent with Mission needs.
- Performs strict follow-up on Property Management procurement requests to ensure timely delivery of requested items.
- Acts as liaison for the Property Management Section in communicating and reporting schedules, performances, and other issues pertaining to the Receiving, EXP Supply, NXP Property, and Asset Management (BarScan).
- Supervises, evaluates and reports performances of the Property Clerks, Supply Clerks, and Warehouse Men.
- Ensures all safety measures are implemented and updated regularly at Property storage facilities.
- Make sure that all Property Management staff wear safety gear as required.
- Coordinates both local and overseas training for all LES employees in Property Management, in conjunction with the Deputy/EXO and unit supervisors.
Other Administrative Duties:
- Reports accidents, illness or injuries to the POSHO and other appropriate officials and completes correct forms as required.
- Maintains property maintenance/repair/disposal schedules and ensures that property disposal actions are proper and in accordance with USG regulations.
- Represents Property Management Section in Embassy General Services Office (GSO) meetings.
- Liaises with Embassy Housing Unit and Facilities and Maintenance Units on matters concerning USAID/Afghanistan consolidated property for reporting purposes.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to interact with Afghans and American contacts and customers. Ability to supervise staff effectively and without conflict; to set priorities; to closely follow instructions; set, maintain and follow schedules; must be able to prepare stock replenishment requests for EXO approval at least twice per year to maintain required stock levels.
Education: A completion of two years college diploma education in Office Administration, Management, Warehousing and storekeeping or a related property management field is required. (Education requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position).
Work Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in warehousing, inventory and property management. An additional one year experience in supervising subordinate staff in any field is required. (Work experience requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position).
Language: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English language and Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading of Pashtu and/or Dari is required. (English language ability will be tested).
Knowledge: Knowledge of administrative procedures governing all aspects of Personal Property management, including accepted warehousing procedures and operations, and warehousing tools and equipment. Must have knowledge of stock replenishment principles and use this knowledge effectively to maintain stock levels and recommend procurement of new items.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents with a Subject line: Property Operations Assistant (OM1706)
ANY/ALL application submissions after the closing date of December 05, 2016 will not be considered.
1. Cover memo/email outlining your qualifications and experience against the selection criteria.
2. Application for Employment (AE) as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) http://kabul.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities2.html http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/136408.pdf (A copy of the DS-174 form can also be downloaded from ACBAR.org under this link http://www.acbar.org/applicationform. Applicants who are accessing this solicitation through jobs.af can download directly from the website) AND
3. A current resume or a curriculum vita that provides the same information found on the DS-174 form.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
This vacancy is open only to Afghan Nationals.
Applications with missing required documents i.e. Cover page, DS-174 and resume/CV, insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
Applications submitted as .RAR file will not be accepted by the system
Candidates who are applying for this position must fully meet the education requirement (graduated and degree and/or diploma already received) as specified. At the time of applications, candidates must also meet in full the experience requirement. There is no exception for these requirements.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as degrees, diplomas, certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result the rejection of their application from further consideration.
The Agency retains the full right to cancel or amend the solicitation and associated actions.
USAID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL ETHNIC GROUPS AND BOTH GENDERS ARE URGED TO APPLY
|More jobs in this category|
|Executive Assistant at Transcorp Lines||Kabul||10 May 2017|
|Trainer for Civil Society Actvities (CSO Memb.. at Afghanistan Rural Empo..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2017|
|Executive Assistant at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||05 May 2017|
|legal advisor at MOIA||Kabul||29 Apr 2017|
|Cleaner & Cook - Female at I Engineering Group||Kabul||27 May 2017|
|National Administrative and Programme Support.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||26 Apr 2017|
|PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO COUNTRY HEAD at Grant Thornton Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|Plant/Site Administrator at Southern Development-Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|