Cost Controller(1315 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the international community. This independence ensures that MEC can carry out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of 3 Afghan and 3 international anti-corruption experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every three months, with interim reports being issued regularly. The Committee is supported by a technical secretariat of national and international staff led by an Executive Director, and this position would oversee our technical staff in research, in Vulnerability to Corruption Assessments (VCAs), Follow-up of Anti-Corruption benchmarks and M&E. The NTC will report to the MEC Tax Consultant who acts as the team leader for the VCA of MoF tax departments.
The Cost Controller He/she will be responsible for day to day cost control of the project, including budgeting, expenditure management, and financial record keeping and reporting to donors, amongst other responsibilities. He./she reports to both the Project manager and to MEC’s Finance Officer,
This is an exciting, ground-breaking study on a difficult but crucial topic, which is hugely reducing the effectiveness of education of children across the country. The analysis is being conducted with the full support of the Education Minister.
The analysis will be the first comprehensive analysis of the corruption vulnerabilities across the entire MOE, including an assessment of the corruption vulnerabilities in the provision of services, legal and institutional frameworks, key functions, interaction with the main stakeholders of the education sector, human-resources systems, internal oversight and audit regime, information-management systems, and management and leadership – all with a focus on corruption and practical measures to mitigate such corruption. The MVCA will also look at ways to improve public service delivery via reduced corruption, enhance integrity in the education sector and enable external stakeholders to more effectively fight corruption. The work will mostly proceed via semi-structured interviews, but will also involve analysis of the institutional, policy and legal arrangements of the MOE, investigating the experiences of donors, and desk research on the many corruption issues that have happened in the MOE, and analysis.
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||005MEC|
|Closing Date:||02 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all vouchers are processed, are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted on the system, travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed.
• Timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors and unapproved vouchers.
• Timely follow up on pending invoices with vendors and Admin officer.
• Ensure all payments adhere to the MEC’s and donors’ financial policies and procedures.
• Assist FO to collect time sheets and invoices from staff and consultants before the month ends.
• Maintain and tracks petty cash and keep record of all advances issued from petty cash.
• Ensure all advances are cleared on time.
• Updating spreadsheet trackers for FO.
• Assist FO in data collection for project budget based on MEC’s organizational requirements and available funds.
• Assist the FO in creating financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis for executive director, committee members and donors.
• Review and check financial statements and reports ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
• Prepares regular reports for donors
• Assist FO in requesting funds from donors in timely manner.
• Ensure all taxes withheld are transferred to MOF account on time.
• Maintains a well traceable filing system and archiving financial documents.
• Meets with and responds to enquiries from donors.
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, with specialized certification in accounting and finance.
• 3 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required.
• Experience of a multi-donors’ program is desirable.
Dari/Pashto skills Native level, good English communication skills is required.
Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is essential, Proficient use of Microsoft Office package, multi-tasking skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way:
"LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this stage.
The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to
with the subject line "Cost Controller” by Dec 02, 2016.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Gender Officer at DABS||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Assistant Director of Admissions (Re-advertis.. at American University of..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior National Water Resources Specialist, at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|Evaluation specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Human Resource Workforce Planning Senior Advi.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|ICU Project Coordinator at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Introduction to graduates studies (IGS) Co-Te.. at American University of..||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|External Communications Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Plumber at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|M&E Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Course Facilitator at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|