Executive Assistant(1014 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the international community. This independence ensures that MEC is capable of carrying out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of 3 Afghan and 3 international anti-corruption experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every six months, with interim reports being issued on an ad hoc basis. The Committee is supported by a technical secretariat of national and international staff, and this position would be within the secretariat’s growing Research Unit.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive and office support services to the Executive Director, the Committee, and the MEC Secretariat; for administrative liaison with Committee Members, officials from a variety of government and non-government organizations, and Secretariat staff; and developing advice, reports, and other briefing material as requested by the Executive Director.
The key result of the Executive Assistant’s activities is to ensure that appropriate office procedures exist for the efficient and effective operation and functioning of the office, and to ensure that decisions are made and communicated in a timely manner.
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||006MEC|
|Closing Date:||02 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are set of functions the Executive Assistant is expected to perform:
• Develops and implements office management procedures and systems to ensure that the MEC Secretariat is able to efficiently and effectively process material that is required for decision of the Executive Director, or to support the Committee in its deliberations and decision making; and to ensure that material and decisions items are appropriately tracked.
• Analyzes and manages the flow of information to and from the Executive Director, identifies the urgency and priority of items and makes decisions to advise the Executive Director on requests that require her personal attention; or to refer them to the appropriate Secretariat staff; or to respond personally based on own her understanding of MEC activities and issues.
• Exercises a quality assurance function on material that is being submitted to the Executive Director for approval, or for distribution to the Committee, including proofreading to verify grammar, formatting, style, and use of language.
• Plans and designs the administrative filing system within the MEC Secretariat, including the Bring Forward system to follow up on required actions and responses, correspondence, briefings and reports.
• Assesses the priority of requests for meetings, manages the Executive Director’s agenda and determines whether and to what extent existing commitments should be rearranged to accommodate evolving events.
• Identifies the Executive Director’s requirements for briefing material prior to meetings and conferences, consults with Secretariat staff, with contacts and representatives of other organizations to develop or coordinate the development of briefing notes and other material required to ensure that the Executive Director is well informed on high priority issues, and that all material provided is well integrated, clear and complete.
• Participates in meetings as required to take notes and track decision items on behalf of the Executive Director.
• Conducts research and analysis, and drafts reports, briefing notes, or any other material requested by the Executive Director on a variety of issues that are of importance to MEC and the MEC Secretariat.
• Drafts a range of documents in Dari and English, such as executive correspondence, briefing notes, speaking notes, presentations, press releases, letters and memoranda.
• Provides background information and material; locates relevant and valid information; collects, organizes and synthesizes information; reviews and analyzes research material; extracts relevant information and draft summaries for review by the Executive Director for use in meetings, conferences, committees and other forums; to reference source materials; and to note references for future use.
• Organization and coordination of meetings, conferences, committees, and special events, including the coordination of schedules; locating and booking appropriate venues for meetings; to obtain required materials and equipment for meetings; to make travel and accommodation arrangements; to manage multiple meeting requests and identify priorities; and to organize hospitality services.
• Any other tasks assigned by MEC or the Executive Director.
• A bachelor´s degree in Business Administration or relevant field is required.
• proven ability to write administrative communications including to high level officials in Dari and/or Pashtu Experience of working with the government organizations.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Must be well mannered and hardworking and have the ability to work with a team.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Executive Assistant position.
Excellent communication in Dari and English is required both oral and written.
Proficient use of Microsoft Office, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way:
"LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time.
The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to
with the subject line "MEC Executive Assistant" by Dec 02, 2016.
Qualified Afghan female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
|More jobs in this category|
|کارمند خدماتی at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||30 Jan 2017|
|Re-Announce -Recruitment Assistant at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Health Care Waste Management (HCWM) Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Commerce and Trade Specialist (National) at Afghanistan Capacity Building..||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Head of Program Management Information System at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Senior Hydro Geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Senior Contract Management Specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Liaison Officer Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Legal Advisor Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Administration Officer (Informati.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|رئیس پلان وقوانین at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس مراقبت های صحی کوچی .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اقتصاد وتمویل صحت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Program Management Specialist FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Gardener FSN - 02 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Website Editor at APFM||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|مسوول تدارکات at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic R..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Network Engineer (Technology Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affairs o..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Software Engineer (Technology Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affairs ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Officer (Procurement Department) at Ministry of Foreign Affai..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Finance Officer at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of..||Kabul||20 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|کارگر خدماتی at Capital Region Independent Development Authori..||Kabul||16 Jan 2017|
|Guard at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Servant (خادمه) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Coffee Maker(قهوه ساز) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|English and TOEFL iBT instructors at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Sr. Gender Advisor at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|ARCHITECT FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اکمال تخصص at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Senior Financial and Economic risk analyst fo.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|مدیریت عمومی at قصر عروسی یونایتید||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|OSE Media Analyst (base salary is equivalent .. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||21 Jan 2017|
|Business Development Head at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Cashier at DABS||Kabul||23 Jan 2017|
|HVAC Technician FSN-5 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||16 Jan 2017|
|Manager Internal Audit at Etisalat Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|Senior Manager Internal Audit (Finance & Oper.. at Etisalat Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Jan 2017|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|