Executive Assistant(887 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the international community. This independence ensures that MEC is capable of carrying out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of 3 Afghan and 3 international anti-corruption experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every six months, with interim reports being issued on an ad hoc basis. The Committee is supported by a technical secretariat of national and international staff, and this position would be within the secretariat’s growing Research Unit.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive and office support services to the Executive Director, the Committee, and the MEC Secretariat; for administrative liaison with Committee Members, officials from a variety of government and non-government organizations, and Secretariat staff; and developing advice, reports, and other briefing material as requested by the Executive Director.
The key result of the Executive Assistant’s activities is to ensure that appropriate office procedures exist for the efficient and effective operation and functioning of the office, and to ensure that decisions are made and communicated in a timely manner.
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||006MEC|
|Closing Date:||02 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are set of functions the Executive Assistant is expected to perform:
• Develops and implements office management procedures and systems to ensure that the MEC Secretariat is able to efficiently and effectively process material that is required for decision of the Executive Director, or to support the Committee in its deliberations and decision making; and to ensure that material and decisions items are appropriately tracked.
• Analyzes and manages the flow of information to and from the Executive Director, identifies the urgency and priority of items and makes decisions to advise the Executive Director on requests that require her personal attention; or to refer them to the appropriate Secretariat staff; or to respond personally based on own her understanding of MEC activities and issues.
• Exercises a quality assurance function on material that is being submitted to the Executive Director for approval, or for distribution to the Committee, including proofreading to verify grammar, formatting, style, and use of language.
• Plans and designs the administrative filing system within the MEC Secretariat, including the Bring Forward system to follow up on required actions and responses, correspondence, briefings and reports.
• Assesses the priority of requests for meetings, manages the Executive Director’s agenda and determines whether and to what extent existing commitments should be rearranged to accommodate evolving events.
• Identifies the Executive Director’s requirements for briefing material prior to meetings and conferences, consults with Secretariat staff, with contacts and representatives of other organizations to develop or coordinate the development of briefing notes and other material required to ensure that the Executive Director is well informed on high priority issues, and that all material provided is well integrated, clear and complete.
• Participates in meetings as required to take notes and track decision items on behalf of the Executive Director.
• Conducts research and analysis, and drafts reports, briefing notes, or any other material requested by the Executive Director on a variety of issues that are of importance to MEC and the MEC Secretariat.
• Drafts a range of documents in Dari and English, such as executive correspondence, briefing notes, speaking notes, presentations, press releases, letters and memoranda.
• Provides background information and material; locates relevant and valid information; collects, organizes and synthesizes information; reviews and analyzes research material; extracts relevant information and draft summaries for review by the Executive Director for use in meetings, conferences, committees and other forums; to reference source materials; and to note references for future use.
• Organization and coordination of meetings, conferences, committees, and special events, including the coordination of schedules; locating and booking appropriate venues for meetings; to obtain required materials and equipment for meetings; to make travel and accommodation arrangements; to manage multiple meeting requests and identify priorities; and to organize hospitality services.
• Any other tasks assigned by MEC or the Executive Director.
• A bachelor´s degree in Business Administration or relevant field is required.
• proven ability to write administrative communications including to high level officials in Dari and/or Pashtu Experience of working with the government organizations.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Must be well mannered and hardworking and have the ability to work with a team.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Executive Assistant position.
Excellent communication in Dari and English is required both oral and written.
Proficient use of Microsoft Office, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way:
"LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time.
The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to
with the subject line "MEC Executive Assistant" by Dec 02, 2016.
Qualified Afghan female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Cook/ Cleaner at Laarmal Holdings Ltd||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Cleaner at DABS||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Cleaner at DABS||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Reporter at BBC World Service||Khost||20 Dec 2016|
|Data Collection Consultant for Gender Impact .. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Multi Cities||17 Dec 2016|
|Aluminum Production manager at Mohib Advance Design Construction Company||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|English Techer/Instructor at Muslim English Language Programme||Multi Cities||30 Dec 2016|
|Tendering Senior Advisor for PPP Unit at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||14 Dec 2016|
|Monitoring and Performance Advisor for PPP Un.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||14 Dec 2016|
|Public Private Partnership Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership D..||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|GIS Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|VCA Team Leader at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||12 Dec 2016|
|Authors at Women and Peace Studies Organization||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|
|صفاکار تخنیکی at DABS||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Herat||13 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Balkh||13 Dec 2016|
|Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Project Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|
|Office Cleaner at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Project Officer at Afghanistan National Participation Organization||Kabul||08 Dec 2016|
|کارگرفنی at DABS||Baghlan||10 Dec 2016|
|شفتکار بند آب at DABS||Kabul||15 Dec 2016|
|Project Evaluation and Coordination Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of Reporting and Relations Department at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of MoUs and Agreements at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Head of Consultant Coordination Department at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Document Translation Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Data base Manager at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Cooperation for Higher Education at MOIA||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Information Assistant at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Pre-School and Grades 1-3 Teachers at Afghanistan International School||Nangarhar||10 Dec 2016|
|Lead Consultant for a corruption vulnerabilit.. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Senior, Experienced Education consultant for .. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||06 Dec 2016|
|Team Leader for the IT at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Project Manager (National Single Windows for .. at Ghani Consultancy Serv..||Kabul||09 Dec 2016|
|Anti-Fraud Security Investigator FSN-09 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||31 Dec 2016|