Data Management Officer(2169 Views)
About IDS Afghanistan
IDS AFGHANISTAN is a leading provider of social science research and analysis throughout Afghanistan. IDS AFGHANISTAN combines local, regional, and cultural expertise with international standards in communications, research, and analysis. We strive to enable governments, the international community, civil society, and private sector to build strategies and decisions that are evidence-based and anchored in a fine balance of local realities and international imperatives.
IDS Afghanistan is implementing partner for USAID’s 5-year Monitoring Support Program (MSP) for Southern and Western regions in Afghanistan. The objective of MSP is to provide USAID with 3rd party monitoring data on ongoing project implementation.
Under the direct supervision of the Reporting Manager, he/she as a member of the MSP M&V Reporting Team and will develop and manage processes, tools, and procedures to support MSP’s data collection and reporting.
|Date Posted:||22 Nov 2016||Reference:||IDSA-040|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work from IDS – MSP HQ in Kabul
• Design and develop activity tracking and reporting tools
• Manage client-side information repository on SharePoint
• Manage data and media-based deliverable archives
• Perform data quality verification (checking for completeness and compliance) on downloaded server-based files
• Perform data extraction, conversions and manipulation as required
• Track and report planned and actual achievements
• Test systems and make recommendations
• Maintain and improve MIS of the project
• Work closely with the M&V Reporting Team and develop charts, maps, info-graphics, logic diagrams and other media to support sharing of planned and actual progress
• Assist with processing of data and be able to summarize it in useful displays
• Perform other duties as assigned by the management
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in relevant area.
• Good capacity working with databases would be a plus.
• Good capacity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Good capacity with info-graphics
• Expertise in any other development tool would be a plus.
• Basic knowledge of GIS applications would be a plus.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• A BS Degree (4 Years preferable) in Computer Science, Statistic and management or related field of study
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
Please submit complete applications including:
1. Current CV, including two reference persons' contact information
2. Letter of application stating the candidate’s motivation, interest and suitability
3. Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: Application for the post of “Data Management Officer - IDSA-040”
4. Submission without proper subject will be discarded from the process
Female Candidates and encouraged to apply.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (05-Dec-2016) will not be given consideration. Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services..||Herat||23 Aug 2017|
|Programme Assistant (mVAM Call Operator) at United Nations-World Food Pro..||Kabul||02 Sep 2017|
|TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD at DAI||Kandahar||26 Aug 2017|
|Male Supervisor/Agronomist Trainer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and D..||Herat||23 Aug 2017|
|Female Supervisor at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Servic..||Herat||23 Aug 2017|
|Senior Legal Education Specialist at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||26 Aug 2017|
|Head of Program Analysis at MOIA||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Policy Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/LoG.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Aug 2017|
|Gender Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/EGE.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Program Manager at NEI (Nutrition and Education International)||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|