Cook/ Cleaner(1387 Views)
About IDS Afghanistan
IDS AFGHANISTAN is a leading provider of social science research and analysis throughout Afghanistan. IDS AFGHANISTAN combines local, regional, and cultural expertise with international standards in communications, research, and analysis. We strive to enable governments, the international community, civil society, and private sector to build strategies and decisions that are evidence-based and anchored in a fine balance of local realities and international imperatives.
IDS Afghanistan is implementing partner for USAID’s 5-year Monitoring Support Program (MSP) for Southern and Western regions in Afghanistan. The objective of MSP is to provide USAID with 3rd party monitoring data on ongoing project implementation.
The cook/cleaner is responsible to provide cooking and cleaning service for IDS - MSP regional office/guest house.
|Date Posted:||22 Nov 2016||Reference:||IDSA-041|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cook for employees every day; breakfast, lunch, dinner
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
• Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
• Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
• Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked, and record expenditures.
• Laundry, washing clothes for office visitors/guests staying in the guest house
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
• Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
• Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
• Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
• Perform any other official duty required by the line manager/supervisor.
• Be able to cook for the employees every day
• Be able to maintain and clean the house
• At least 2 years relevant experience
Must be able to read and write
Afghanistan - Herat
Please submit complete applications including:
1. Current CV, including two reference persons' contact information
2. Letter of application stating the candidate’s motivation, interest and suitability
3. Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: Application for the post of “Cook-Herat”
4. Submission without proper subject will be discarded from the process
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (05-Dec-2016) will not be given consideration. Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Internship at DACAAR||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Country Director at Afghan Knowledge Solution||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Contract Compliance Advisor for Health Promot.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|GENERAL LABOURER at Resolute Support||Kabul||09 Feb 2018|
|Gender Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|Advocacy Officer PFM at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Marketing/Placement Officer at ATVI||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|امام مسجد at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|