Cook/ Cleaner(842 Views)
About IDS Hamkaar
IDS AFGHANISTAN is a leading provider of social science research and analysis throughout Afghanistan. IDS AFGHANISTAN combines local, regional, and cultural expertise with international standards in communications, research, and analysis. We strive to enable governments, the international community, civil society, and private sector to build strategies and decisions that are evidence-based and anchored in a fine balance of local realities and international imperatives.
IDS Afghanistan is implementing partner for USAID’s 5-year Monitoring Support Program (MSP) for Southern and Western regions in Afghanistan. The objective of MSP is to provide USAID with 3rd party monitoring data on ongoing project implementation.
The cook/cleaner is responsible to provide cooking and cleaning service for IDS - MSP regional office/guest house.
|Date Posted:||22 Nov 2016||Reference:||IDSA-041|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cook for employees every day; breakfast, lunch, dinner
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
• Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
• Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
• Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked, and record expenditures.
• Laundry, washing clothes for office visitors/guests staying in the guest house
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
• Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
• Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
• Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
• Perform any other official duty required by the line manager/supervisor.
• Be able to cook for the employees every day
• Be able to maintain and clean the house
• At least 2 years relevant experience
Must be able to read and write
Afghanistan - Herat
Please submit complete applications including:
1. Current CV, including two reference persons' contact information
2. Letter of application stating the candidate’s motivation, interest and suitability
3. Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: Application for the post of “Cook-Herat”
4. Submission without proper subject will be discarded from the process
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (05-Dec-2016) will not be given consideration. Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|آهنگر at DABS||Kabul||15 Jul 2017|
|Senior Grants Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||09 Jul 2017|
|SECURITY INVESTIGATOR FSN-08 TRAINEE LEVEL FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Beauty Parlor (Trainer) آموزگار زیب.. at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|آموزگار خیاطی Tailoring Trainer at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|Senior Monitoring and Reporting Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|Foreman at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|