Communication Officer (Creative Graphic Designer)(1559 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the international community. This independence ensures that MEC is capable of carrying out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of 3 Afghan and 3 international anti-corruption experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every six months, with interim reports being issued on an ad hoc basis. The Committee is supported by a technical secretariat of national and international staff, and this position would be within the secretariat’s growing Research Unit.
The communication officer (Creative Graphic Designer) is part of the communication and reporting team He / she works together with the outreach and communication head and supports the team in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||008MEC|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are set of functions the Communication Officer is expected to perform:
• Produce infographics for MEC’s reports.
• Produce PSA’s.
• Design MEC’s reports.
• Produce success stories.
• Support the Outreach and Communication advisor in organizing press conferences, media briefings, stakeholder meetings and other public events.
• Support the Outreach and Communication department in maintaining relations with national media representatives and stakeholders and update MEC’s outreach and media database.
• Support MEC’s Outreach activities such as provincial visits, CSO meetings and distribution of reports.
• Assist in the translation of press materials into Dari and Pashto if needed.
• Advice MEC colleagues in the correct use of MEC’s templates, logo, business cards, email-signatures etc.
• Any other task assigned by supervisor.
• Undergraduate degree in arts or communications.
• Advanced certification in graphic designing.
• Skilled in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in creative designing.
Excellent communication in Dari and English is required both oral and written.
Proficient use of Microsoft Office, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way:
"LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time.
The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to
with the subject line "Communication Officer" by Dec 03, 2016.
Qualified Afghan female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Communication Specialist at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|Senior Strategic Communications Advisor to Mo.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||03 Jun 2018|
|Communications Assistant at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 May 2018|