VCA Research Officer(936 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the international community. This independence ensures that MEC is capable of carrying out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of three Afghan and three international anti-corruption experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every six months, with interim reports being issued on an ad hoc basis.
The primary responsibility of the VCA Officer will be to support the Vulnerability to Corruption Assessment (VCA) Team Lead in conducting vulnerability to corruption assessments by conducting desk studies to map business processes in chosen sectors or institutions and collecting qualitative data through interviews and focus groups.
The secondary responsibility of the VCA Officer is to provide research support to the various teams of the Monitoring and Evaluation Committee Secretariat, including the collection of primary evidence through site visits as required.
He/she supports the Research Unit by conducting primary and secondary research through desk studies and collecting qualitative data through interviews and focus groups and coordinates research tasks with the team, the Technical Director, the Legal Advisor, the Senior Policy Advisor and the Executive Director.
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||009MEC|
|Closing Date:||03 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supporting vulnerability to corruption assessments
• Support the Technical Director & VCA Team Lead in the conduct of vulnerability to corruption assessments as directed. Support will specifically include legal and regulatory research to identify formal frameworks for the business processes being assessed.
• Support the conduct of interviews and focus groups, including the collection of qualitative data.
• Providing research support to MEC Secretariat Teams
• Support MEC Secretariat teams by identifying documents and evidentiary sources for policy issues under consideration.
• Conducting web based and documentary research on issues identified by MEC Secretariat teams.
• General research responsibilities
• Develop research tools such as questionnaires, interviews and focus group discussions.
• Conduct field research and data collection by conducting interviews and focus group discussions on a variety of issues.
• Ensure the quality of interview transcripts and field notes are up to standard and to ensure that they meet the research goals.
• Review research methodologies in identified reports to assess their appropriateness, effectiveness, and validity of findings.
• Provide training in research methodology and methods to staff as required.
• Maintain relationships with various research bodies and think tanks, particularly AREU, to stay current on the release of studies that may be relevant to MEC and to facilitate the collections of data when required.
• The officer will support Research Unit by conducting legal and regulatory research and report writing in Dari and English.
• The officer may be required to edit and re-draft Dari reports done by other team members.
• The officer is required to deliver high-quality documents, often under tight deadlines and may require some overtime / after-hours work.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Technical Director, VCA Team Leader or MEC Executive Director;
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Law, Economics, Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
• Minimum 2 - 3 years of professional experience in the related field.
• Excellent Dari, Pashto & English language skill is required.
• Excellent presentation and report writing skill.
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, and internet applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate.
• Experience of similar donor funded projects is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way: "LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to
with the subject line "VCA Research Officer” by Dec 03, 2016.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!